Bash at York. Thoughts?

dhuggybear

And it ain't walking distance to the centre either

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

It strikes me that the RFL are hoping fans only turn up for their own team's game (The ground only holds 8,000) and not what they want or plan from the Magic Weekend at Newcastle) and while York is a great city it is hardly the place for fans of 14 clubs to have a weekend out. I'm not sure the Big Bash is any more than a sop for non-Super League clubs. What is the point of it? 

• Like 1

A small ground in Yorkshire situated on a retail park out of the city. Game being played on a Bank Holliday weekend. Top whack for hotels etc. Home game for York, one of the least supported sides at Headingley. Leeds was a poor choice this is even worse. Blackpool was the ideal venue, could go out between games, plenty to do in the area and ideal for families. 
 RFL can’t see beyond Yorkshire.

• Like 1

York fans are saying there's a shuttle bus to and from the stadium to the city centre every ten minutes, which is fair enough, but they'll be needing more than one bus running I think.

With Blackpool, it was a constant ebb and flow of fans entering and leaving the stadium, depending on who was playing.

If the city is the main draw, they'll need a constant flow of buses. 

2 hours ago, Dave W said:

York fans are saying there's a shuttle bus to and from the stadium to the city centre every ten minutes, which is fair enough, but they'll be needing more than one bus running I think.

With Blackpool, it was a constant ebb and flow of fans entering and leaving the stadium, depending on who was playing.

If the city is the main draw, they'll need a constant flow of buses.

They're talking about one of the park and ride buses (No 9) - Monks Cross PnR is next door to the stadium - which will also be used by visitors to the city of which there'll be quite a few on a summer's weekend.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They're talking about one of the park and ride buses (No 9) - Monks Cross PnR is next door to the stadium - which will also be used by visitors to the city of which there'll be quite a few on a summer's weekend.

Not shaping up as an attractive prospect unless you fancy wandering out for a Nandos. 

38 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Not shaping up as an attractive prospect unless you fancy wandering out for a Nandos. 

Wandering out for a Nandos still doesn't make it an attractive prospect. 

Give me Blackpool, and all the tackiness that comes with it, any day of the week.  

• Thanks 1

York which idiot came up with that venue, Its 3 1/2 hours from Barrow,  Its odds on we will get Whitehaven , probably last match of the day so we wont get home till well after Midnight, Nearest Pub 1 and 1/2 miles are they taking the urine or do they expect us to stay in one of the most expensive stadiums in the championship all day, I suspect this will be the worst attended Bash's ever looks like I will be watching on TV this year🤬🤮

I can see where you're coming from P but all is not lost me and my tribe have been regulars to the Blackpool Bash but gave it a miss last year instead, we all went to Blackpool for the weekend and watched FEV on the tele   just booked again so it's FEV on the tele for us🥳🏖️🚎🗼

14 minutes ago, POR said:

I can see where you're coming from P but all is not lost me and my tribe have been regulars to the Blackpool Bash but gave it a miss last year instead, we all went to Blackpool for the weekend and watched FEV on the tele   just booked again so it's FEV on the tele for us🥳🏖️🚎🗼

This reminds my of one of the times we were in Blackpool for the Bash and decided to give the final Bradford game a miss because we'd been in the ground for so long .

We went to a sports bar down Lytham Road instead. When we got there, it was full of Bradford fans doing the same thing. 

• Like 1