1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/11/22 at 20:00

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Look at the thread in question. Page after page of shouty assertions that the referee was corrupt, incompetent, stupid or (quite commonly) all three at once. 

It was pitiful and infantile.

Other people are allowed opinions, no matter how wrong you or I may think those opinions may be. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

Thanks, it’s lovely being incarcerated, I’m just about to walk over to the beach, it’s a nice sunny day, a coffee & breakfast in the caff might be in order too

Have a lovely evening

You don't live near me, do you? That's exactly what I do at the weekend. 

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Do I customarily accuse the game's officials of the serious charge of corruption every time I don't get the result I'd prefer?

No. In fact you rarely comment on the rugby at all.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Other people are allowed opinions, no matter how wrong you or I may think those opinions may be. 

I'm all for opinions, but I'm not sure the name calling is needed.

Even if someone don't agree with a decision, trotting out idiot, joke, muppet or bent is just not needed.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Yes they are. And they do.

It is also permitted to opine that many of the assertions in the thread in question were the paranoid fantasies of people with a massive inferiority/persecution complex. Or at least people who were too enraged to think (or spell-check) before posting.

Free speech and all that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

You had to go & spoil it with that puerile little comment towards the end, you blokes could whinge for England, you’ll call me out all day & come up with that? 

you’re all so blinded you don’t realise how bad you all are, you moan incessantly about imagined Australian moaning 😂😂

The no.8 and the no.3 had their arms up gesticulating after every tackle, all night.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Look at the thread in question. Page after page of shouty assertions that the referee was corrupt, incompetent, stupid or (quite commonly) all three at once. 

It was pitiful and infantile.

Also, Futtocks, last time we got into a "debate", I took it to a PM rather than drag the topic downhill rapidly. No reply: I assumed you'd put me on "ignore".

Not impressed.

Edited by Stuff Smith

20 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

ohh bull!!! 

Was very fair & Theres was no way the pass was forward, it was very flat at west, the way she was facing might have looked that way but if you watch it from above the ball goes pretty much at a right angle 

And the Aussie video ref did her best for the Kiwis by giving that stripping penalty in their favour late on. It seemed very harsh to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The no.8 and the no.3 had their arms up gesticulating after every tackle, all night.

Thats the norm when you’re trying to get a quick play the ball, obviously speed & momentum favoured Australia, the men do the same thing in most games, they aren’t whinging, they’re urging the players up so they can get on with it, surely it’s not your first time noticing that kind of urgency ?

5 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

And when have I done that?

It wasn't aimed at you at all.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Also, Futtocks, last time we got into a "debate", I took it to a PM rather than drag the topic downhill rapidly. No reply: I assumed you'd put me on "ignore".

Not impressed.

Yes, that came across weirdly intrusive and as if you thought the whole thing was only about you. So I chose not to engage on a pointless second front.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm all for opinions, but I'm not sure the name calling is needed.

Even if someone don't agree with a decision, trotting out idiot, joke, muppet or bent is just not needed.

You can't just close down discussion based on the fact that you think your opinion is worth more than that of other people.

Well, you can. But it's not a good look.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

Thanks, it’s lovely being incarcerated, I’m just about to walk over to the beach, it’s a nice sunny day, a coffee & breakfast in the caff might be in order too

Have a lovely evening

I am mate. Don't really care for the hot weather. The Australian weather is more suited to the aboriginies who actually belong there. Oh by the way,what's a caff? 😁

1 minute ago, Stuff Smith said:

You can't just close down discussion based on the fact that you think your opinion is worth more than that of other people.

Disagreeing isn't "closing down discussion".

It is literally "discussing".

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

Keep the dream alive 👍🏼

Beach and cafe closed? You got back quick.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

I don't think that in any way.

• Like 2

Just now, moorside roughyed said:

I am mate. Don't really care for the hot weather. The Australian weather is more suited to the aboriginies who actually belong there. Oh by the way,what's a caff? 😁

Ohhh cmon, you fellas call a cafe a caff don’t you? Or is that just a London thing? 

and btw it’s not that hot, it’s actually not hot at all, perfect weather actually, 21 sunny, no humidity 

Your weather last summer was pretty much an Australian summer & actually warmer than the last one we had, strange weather happening

2 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Futtocks: I'm not sure how it was "weirdly intrusive",  seeing you haven't read my PM yet.

No interest in getting into a spat on a forum. In fact, no interest into getting into a spat at all.

PM me, and I'm sure all will be golden.

I read it back then when you sent it, and I re-read it a few minutes ago when you brought the subject up.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson