Jump to content

Your next Scapegoat for absolutely everything is being chosen


Recommended Posts


9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

 

interviews? Sounding people out from other places? what sort of whitchery is this??? surely you just promote the highest placed, least competent person in the organisation and let them have a crack at it... what could go wrong?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RP London said:

interviews? Sounding people out from other places? what sort of whitchery is this??? surely you just promote the highest placed, least competent person in the organisation and let them have a crack at it... what could go wrong?

 

There's still time...

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure expecting somebody paid a lot of money to oversee the development and health of Rugby League in the UK, to do just that, is making anyone a scapegoat?

If I don't do my job properly, I'll get sacked. So will all of us. That's not making us scapegoats it's expecting us to do our job. Which, IMO RR didn't do very well. 

Not sure why it would be different here. 

  • Haha 1

Take it Off! Take it Off! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scudamore ex CEO of the Premier League would be a great choice. Why he'd be interested is the 64,000 dollar question or in his case the 1 billion pound question,  but who knows!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RP London said:

surely you just promote the highest placed, least competent person in the organisation and let them have a crack at it... what could go wrong?

Where did you get my cv from!

  • Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perfect time to hire. With the WC on now, it should demonstrate we want high calibre candidates.

it’s just we probably pay peanuts.

The job would suit a young up and coming administrator looking to make a big name for themselves. A but like a younger, more brash, Richard Lewis.

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Scudamore ex CEO of the Premier League would be a great choice. Why he'd be interested is the 64,000 dollar question or in his case the 1 billion pound question,  but who knows!?

In what way? I don't know much about him to have an opinion but on the face of it running a multi billion pound league for easily the biggest sport in the country is quite different. What made him a success there, which I presume you think he was, may not come across well or be applicable to RL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Damien said:

In what way? I don't know much about him to have an opinion but on the face of it running a multi billion pound league for easily the biggest sport in the country is quite different. What made him a success there, which I presume you think he was, may not come across well or be applicable to RL.

He's retired so it's all moot.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

In what way? I don't know much about him to have an opinion but on the face of it running a multi billion pound league for easily the biggest sport in the country is quite different. What made him a success there, which I presume you think he was, may not come across well or be applicable to RL.

I think this is right, I don't think we can just look at big names of people that did well in one area and see that as translating perfectly and they wave their magic wand and deliver growth. 

It'll likely be somebody we haven't heard of. And that's probably the right approach, there are a lot of good people out there doing good stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

In what way? I don't know much about him to have an opinion but on the face of it running a multi billion pound league for easily the biggest sport in the country is quite different. What made him a success there, which I presume you think he was, may not come across well or be applicable to RL.

As GJ says, he's retired anyway, but below is a part of his Wikipedia biog that stood out;

 

The total value of British Premier League television rights negotiated under Scudamore have risen from £1.2 billion for the 2001–04 season to £5.134 billion for the 2013–16 season.[3] Scudamore was accountable for all elements of the League's operations and his core responsibilities included regulatory, legal and political matters, and the sale of broadcasting and central commercial rights. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I'm not sure expecting somebody paid a lot of money to oversee the development and health of Rugby League in the UK, to do just that, is making anyone a scapegoat?

If I don't do my job properly, I'll get sacked. So will all of us. That's not making us scapegoats it's expecting us to do our job. Which, IMO RR didn't do very well. 

Not sure why it would be different here. 

You're new on here, aren't you. You need to get with the program. 😀😀

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

JohnM - 17/01/2023

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

You're new on here, aren't you. You need to get with the program. 😀😀

I'm not green though. I know people like the CEO of something like the RFL will get blamed for a lot of stuff that are not their fault, that goes with the territory though.

We can ignore people blaming them for it raining on GF night or ridiculous stuff like that but not if the game isn't improving and growing. I don't have to like them, I just want them to do their job and help RL grow. Which in the last years, I'd say it hasn't. In fact it's gone backwards. 

Take it Off! Take it Off! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...