FIFA WORLD CUP 2022

36 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well this Germany game is like my last visit to the library. There's sod all people in there and you could hear a mouse fart.

But there is the mystery irritating whistling

4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Argentina believe it or not are still only 7-4 favourites to win the group and 6-4 not to qualify .So the bookies expect them to win their next 2 games 

That's interesting.

The draw in the other game has helped them.

Either they will do what Samoa did and regroup or else they will lose confidence and falter. 

I think they have a psychological edge over Mexico, their next opponents so may well bounce back.

I am tempted to back Netherlands at 12/1 as they will possibly face the winner of Argentina's group in the QF so could have an edge.

The stats for the Spain-Costa Rica game are unbelievable. 

Costa Rica had only 18% possession in the whole game. They did not have a single shot in the entire game, not one single shot. They passed the ball only 231 times to Spain's 1,060. Neither goalkeeper made a save throughout the game as there were 7 shots on goal and they were the 7 goals.

I don't know the last time I saw such one sided stats. 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The stats for the Spain-Costa Rica game are unbelievable. 

Costa Rica had only 18% possession in the whole game. They did not have a single shot in the entire game, not one single shot. They passed the ball only 231 times to Spain's 1,060. Neither goalkeeper made a save throughout the game as there were 7 shots on goal and they were the 7 goals.

I don't know the last time I saw such one sided stats. 

The 7 shots 7 goals is very interesting as the keeper was Navas who of course is very highly rated. 

Though he hasn't played for PSG since March I heard?

12 hours ago, Niels said:

My thoughts exactly ,both those Teams looked terrified to lose , which was a bit stupid when they both had Argentina to play .A win for either and they would have been laughing .......Spain on the other hand can knock Germany out at the weekend , heres hoping .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Niels said:

That's interesting.

Either they will do what Samoa did and regroup or else they will lose confidence and falter. 

I think they have a psychological edge over Mexico, their next opponents so may well bounce back.

I am tempted to back Netherlands at 12/1 as they will possibly face the winner of Argentina's group in the QF so could have an edge.

Argentina will get through no problem - probably as group winners.

• Like 1

On the subject of extra time , one way to cut it down a bit is to make the substitutions during the game . Player going off should be able to run to the side-line , tag the oncoming player in front of the 4th official , ref is informed through his earpiece ..........should also be used in premier league to stop these pointless substitions that certain managers use after 90 mins is up to either slow the game up or hope for another 30 secs of injury time .

33 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

On the subject of extra time , one way to cut it down a bit is to make the substitutions during the game . Player going off should be able to run to the side-line , tag the oncoming player in front of the 4th official , ref is informed through his earpiece ..........should also be used in premier league to stop these pointless substitions that certain managers use after 90 mins is up to either slow the game up or hope for another 30 secs of injury time .

Or have fewer substitutions. 2 is more than enough.

I remember Liverpool once went through a 42 game season using only 14 players, today teams use more than that in one match!

Edited by hw88
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

love or hate Ronaldo - to be the 1st player in history to score in 5 world cups is some sort of accolade by any stretch of the imagination 

In commentary the great stat was mentioned that he is now both Portugal's youngest and oldest player to score in World Cups.

• Like 3

Well I have broke a habit and watched some of these games and I must say it hasn't changed very much since I last tuned in, there are numerous candidates to take Tom Daley's medal(s) from him, I hope that Richie Myler and Jack Welsby have not been watching they could be adding a few new moves to their portfolio, just saying.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1