FIFA WORLD CUP 2022

1 hour ago, hw88 said:

That's because they aren't drunk. No doubt the possibility of several weeks in a Qatari jail and 50 lashes of a cat o'nine tails focuses the mind too!

Yes. Interestingly most of the trouble has been in other countries. Moroccan fans in Belgium and Holland and English and Welsh fans in Tenerife. 

21 hours ago, Niels said:

Denmark should beat Australia tomorrow. They are a better side I think and soccer is the only sport where Australia look very limited. 

To paraphrase one of the greatest pieces of football commentary by the late Bjorne Lillelien.

“We are the best in the world!! We are the best in the world!!  We have beaten Denmark 1-0 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten Denmark! Denmark, birthplace of Laygo (That’s how Aussies pronounce Lego).  Sandi Toksvig …. errrr  Sandi Toksvigs Dad ……………. err Sandi Toksvig’s dog …….. we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all.  Sandi Toksvig’s chiropodist can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating”

First day of summer, 26c and brilliant blue sky.  It’s great to live in the ‘Leckie’ country.

Probably get mullered by Argentina but so what, the team has exceeded expectations and that is all you can ask.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

To paraphrase one of the greatest pieces of football commentary by the late Bjorne Lillelien.

“We are the best in the world!! We are the best in the world!!  We have beaten Denmark 1-0 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten Denmark! Denmark, birthplace of Laygo (That’s how Aussies pronounce Lego).  Sandi Toksvig …. errrr  Sandi Toksvigs Dad ……………. err Sandi Toksvig’s dog …….. we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all.  Sandi Toksvig’s chiropodist can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating”

First day of summer, 26c and brilliant blue sky.  It’s great to live in the ‘Leckie’ country.

Probably get mullered by Argentina but so what, the team has exceeded expectations and that is all you can ask.

Yes they have played as a good team, well organised and difficult to beat. 

My predictions aren't always good as you have noticed. 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Niels said:

Very poor by the BBC, not realising Mexico still only needed one goal at the end. 

Though I am not sure all the Mexican team were aware either as they only had four in the box for the final free kick!

I wanted to see them draw lots!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Niels said:

Very poor by the BBC, not realising Mexico still only needed one goal at the end. 

Though I am not sure all the Mexican team were aware either as they only had four in the box for the final free kick!

Poor by the BBC, but then there’s this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/01/france-tv-viewers-miss-world-cup-drama-over-griezmanns-disallowed-goal

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Ranked 2 in the World, 3rd at the last world cup, best player in the world atm in KDB, Golden Generation, yet Belgium are out in the group stage.

Lukaku will never ever, ever want to hear about this World Cup match again.

Not totally his fault, but almost an exhibition in failing to score!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Shouldn't have gotten to that situation in the first place frankly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Incredible . Open nets and virtually standing on the goal line . Morocco a great story though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Ranked 2 in the World, 3rd at the last world cup, best player in the world atm in KDB, Golden Generation, yet Belgium are out in the group stage.

Germany and perhaps even Spain to follow? 

edit: Germany back in front! But might not be enough for them. 

Edited by Northern Eel

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If only there was a word to describe how I'm feeling about Germany hilariously going out at the group stages again!

I think this puts Spain in England's half of the draw with France and Portugal?

The other half then has Argentina and Brasil?

Of course this is dependant on tomorrow's games. 

I thought I had good each way bets on Portugal and Netherlands but the draw is now working against me and both will have tough QFs.