Scenes in Apia, Samoa after win

rlno1

21 minutes ago, RP London said:

Please don't send the lions anywhere.. just let England go over if you want to send anyone... 

Its the same thing but maybe a stronger brand is the Lions ? If we ever get othe home nations up to standard or manage to produce a star ( Regan Grace) at least they will have meaningful international fixtures

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Copa said:

It’s a great example of how “heritage” teams are perfectly acceptable to some nations/cultures.

Absolutely.

A very generic we, but, we don’t understand it over here in England. No doubt a number of reasons, but we shouldn’t judge others through our bias lense. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Absolutely.

A very generic we, but, we don’t understand it over here in England. No doubt a number of reasons, but we shouldn’t judge others through our bias lense. 

If Pakistan won the cricket t20 world cup final this morning I think we might have had a better idea!

8 hours ago, iangidds said:

Its the same thing but maybe a stronger brand is the Lions ? If we ever get othe home nations up to standard or manage to produce a star ( Regan Grace) at least they will have meaningful international fixtures

Then let's worry about it then.. right now it just dilutes any work thats being put in on brand England..  its a waste of time IMHO.

Edited by RP London
Autocorrect error
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

It would just be England in another kit anyway, a relic from the past sadly. 

Exactly.. its silly because we are trying to build brand England then want to dilute that with "gb" which is just a rebranded England squad.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RP London said:

Then let's worry about it then.. right now it just dilutes any work thats being put ok on brand England..  its a waste of time IMHO.

All for the odd edge case every blue moon. People always like to quote Regan Grace but there's not a chance he would get in a GB squad before any of these England players anyway. It just seems ridiculous to even think about it when England can go years without playing as is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bratman said:

Haha go Samoa! Definitely makes up for the disappointment, a bit 🙂

Really? Not for me it doesn't. The fact that supporters of the winning team are pleased they have won is meant to make it better for the losers?

They're entitled to party and enjoy themselves. Their team earned them the right. I'm entitled to remain just as grumpy as I was yesterday!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Really? Not for me it doesn't. The fact that supporters of the winning team are pleased they have won is meant to make it better for the losers?

They're entitled to party and enjoy themselves. Their team earned them the right. I'm entitled to remain just as grumpy as I was yesterday!

Yes, I'm gutted we lost, but for me it's a slightly less bitter pill to swallow seeing that it means so much to them, and I'll be cheering for them next week.

It wasn't meant as general advice though, feel free to remain grumpy for as long as you like 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, north yorks trinity said:

Been grumpy a few decades yeah?

• Haha 1

new rise.jpg

7 hours ago, frank said:

This is the place to get League going in the States there is a massive Samoan population there.

There’s something like 50k Pacific Islanders in Utah and the majority of them are Tongans mostly around Salt Lake City and its suburbs.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2022 at 15:37, iangidds said:

Great to see , send the Lions there for a tri nations with Tonga ! Guaranteed full houses and great advertisment for RL

Now a Pacific Islands " Lions " team, rampaging across Australia and New Zealand (might even visit Europe occasionally if you could put up a fight) would be a mouth-watering prospect once a decade or so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Now a Pacific Islands " Lions " team, rampaging across Australia and New Zealand (might even visit Europe occasionally if you could put up a fight) would be a mouth-watering prospect once a decade or so.

Please god no. Some people may want to cling to the Lions because of history but to purposely go down that path with the PI islands is crazy. They are each competitive in their own right and building something special, they should continue on that path.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1