1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

Don't write of Samoa. When Tonga beat the Aussies they played the same kind of footy that Samoa played against England on Sat. At the end of that game the Aussie forwards had had enough. Samoa will be playing that type of footy on Sat and  it's a game not to be missed. The Islanders,  even  if they don't live in the Islands are very proud of their heritage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

England let themselves down a little against Samoa, but I don't want to take too much away from them because they performed very well. Let's not forget that the week before they also beat a Tonga team that has won against Australia in recent times. It would be a big upset if Australia get beat, but I don't think this is a special Australia team by any means, and if Samoa get a bit of luck and their stars show up big then it could be a really good game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Australia had their final in the Semis. 

I hope Samoa give it too then but the Aussies are far too structured and disciplined. 

It will be comfortable I think 😩

I thought NZ were fairly rubbish all tournament. They did up their game against Australia, but it was a physical arm wrestle of a game and the quality of the attacking rugby on show was pretty low. If Samoa can match what NZ were able to do in terms of physicality and intensity then they will be right in this game.

Aus v NZ was a tough game with no real let up in the 80 minutes, like England, Samoa have not produced a performance where they didn't drop off the pace for some part of the game, so you wouldn't expect them to be able to do it in the final.

The small glimmers of hope would be that Samoa are on an upward trend in terms of performance, and NZ didn't exactly set the tournament on fire until they pushed the Aussies al the way in the semi.

I'd love it to be close but can't see it. I'd really love Samoa to win but I really can't see it!

England made so many errors in the game against Samoa, many of them unforced/brainfarts and Samoa only just won. As far as I could tell, Samoa brought pretty much their best game to the semi final. OK there were errors but I think an error free Samoa performance is unrealistic so I don't really see them playing better. Given that Australia just don't do errors in the quantity that England did and they certainly don't distribute the ball in as consistently sloppy a fashion as England did, I am really struggling to see past a comfortable and pretty uninspiring Australia win.

I hope I'm wrong and I live in hope but we all know how this ends I think.

Still...COME ON SAMOA!!!

• Like 2

This might be the best chance of Samoa ever winning the world cup as it's rumoured that come the 2025 world cup all countries will have to have at least 5 players from their own competition, or players that have been products of their own competition in an effort to encourage countries to produce players and not rely on heritage players

• Haha 1

Australia by 40+ in a half-full Old Trafford and the international game to go into another malaise with no planning and Australians not taking it seriously. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

32 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

This might be the best chance of Samoa ever winning the world cup as it's rumoured that come the 2025 world cup all countries will have to have at least 5 players from their own competition, or players that have been products of their own competition in an effort to encourage countries to produce players and not rely on heritage players

"Rumoured"!

So, only about 8 countries will be competing, at most.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Australia by 40+ in a half-full Old Trafford and the international game to go into another malaise with no planning and Australians not taking it seriously. 

A lot of people who have already bought tickets will be staying away, will they?

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

A lot of people who have already bought tickets will be staying away, will they?

I’m going. Bought my ticket in a state of euphoria after the quarter final. Felt numb and was about to throw my toys out of the pram after the semi but hey- how many rl World Cup finals will I get the chance to see? And how many times as an Oldham fan will I go up Old Trafford? And the England RL women might even be there. I’m swallowing my pride and making a day of it. Come on Samoa!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

I’m going. Bought my ticket in a state of euphoria after the quarter final. Felt numb and was about to throw my toys out of the pram after the semi but hey- how many rl World Cup finals will I get the chance to see? And how many times as an Oldham fan will I go up Old Trafford? And the England RL women might even be there. I’m swallowing my pride and making a day of it. Come on Samoa!!!

I shall also be there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Probably, it's happened in several games already allegedly. Lot's of people will have bought tickets hoping to see England so can see a few not bothering.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Aussies i just hope they don't butcher the Samoans.

Praying and fingers crossed for Samoa to make it a great game.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

46 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I shall also be there.

Me too. I bought mine many months ago. I had a mortal dread of missing out on an England world cup win with a sell out announced early as the tournament gathered momentum. I obviously naively believed the hype from the organisers. Anyway, must go and write my Christmas letter to Santa or he might not bring me anything!

I don't regret it really as, like others said, how often do I get the chance to see a RL world cup final, yet if I had been deciding now whether to get a ticket, I'm not sure I'd have found the motivation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1