1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

This might be the best chance of Samoa ever winning the world cup as it's rumoured that come the 2025 world cup all countries will have to have at least 5 players from their own competition, or players that have been products of their own competition in an effort to encourage countries to produce players and not rely on heritage players

That an Australian rule is it.

• Like 1

This might be the best chance of Samoa ever winning the world cup as it's rumoured that come the 2025 world cup all countries will have to have at least 5 players from their own competition, or players that have been products of their own competition in an effort to encourage countries to produce players and not rely on heritage players

I can't see it happening. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Rumoured by whom? Where? I even checked the Bible of All Things That Are 100% True, Twitter, and couldn't find any reference, rumour or reference to a rumour or rumour of a reference.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

I can only see a comprehensive win for Australia.

The real final was last Friday Australia v NZ.

yep - that should have been the final but not so because it was set up for the hosts to get a helping hand there and they couldn't even take that easier route 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

I’m going. Bought my ticket in a state of euphoria after the quarter final. Felt numb and was about to throw my toys out of the pram after the semi but hey- how many rl World Cup finals will I get the chance to see? And how many times as an Oldham fan will I go up Old Trafford? And the England RL women might even be there. I’m swallowing my pride and making a day of it. Come on Samoa!!!

That's the spirit SR. Let's all get behind Samoa and make it a great atmosphere. It's a Rugby League World Cup Final. Probably the last one that I will see live. Hopefully a great match.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

did you just make that up? I haven't seen a single reference to it. 

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

"Rumoured"!

So, only about 8 countries will be competing, at most.

There is no future for Rugby League in countries where them countries use heritage players year in year out. For Example how many of the Scottish and Irish teams players were products of their domestic leagues?

Greece and Jamaica have only started playing in recent years and have leagues up and running and used players from their domestic leagues in their squads. How many players from the Scottish and Irish leagues were in their world cup squads?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Balmainboy said:

did you just make that up? I haven't seen a single reference to it. 

It's coming.

Its a joke that a team that reaches the world final doesn't have one player from their domestic league in their squad, or a single player in that squad is a product of that teams domestic league

7 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Rumoured by whom? Where? I even checked the Bible of All Things That Are 100% True, Twitter, and couldn't find any reference, rumour or reference to a rumour or rumour of a reference.

Its coming for the very reason that a team has reached a world cup final without a single product of its domestic league, and not a single player from their domestic league in their squad.

16 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It will. Its embarrassing for a world cup that Samoa don't a single player in their squad from their domestic league and not one player who is a product of that league

They are a poor, small Island with a large neighbour. It is natural progression that they work and move to Australia. 

But it doesn't mean they lose their identity or culture.

I just feel uncomfortable with the scenario of limiting the identity of people. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Hey TFiL... just to clear up any confusion, how many of the current Samoan squad are products of their domestic league? Thanks in advance.

Says the man who's team don't have an academy, if fact they have but scrapped it by choice. A club also with the lowest crowds in Super League, and rely on away sport support to raise they crowd average.

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Its coming for the very reason that a team has reached a world cup final without a single product of its domestic league, and not a single player from their domestic league in their squad.

So what you're really saying is - this 5 person quota isn't a rumour but rather something you've made up based on your opinions on the subject.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

It will. Its embarrassing for a world cup that Samoa don't a single player in their squad from their domestic league and not one player who is a product of that league

The only one embarrassed here is you. No one's saying anything like that about the Samoan team but yourself. 🤡