1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

Obviously there are no neutral referees that are good enough.

It's an example of the disdain they have of Superleague  

Have you seen how non-Australian referees over-compensate when they get charge of a match involving the Kangaroos? Subconsciously yes, but still with an effect.

Because when the Kangaroos don't get an Aussie ref, they initiate the long-established pre-whinge, and demand meetings with the officials to "make sure they're up to speed" with international-standard RL etc.

Arko and Bozo used to do it every single time back in the old days, and if a neutral referee was appointed nowadays, the current Kangaroos' management would do exactly the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Can somebody please save us from Woods, Davies and Noble droning on about how Australia have been out of sight for 50 years, and dragging the international game down in front of a huge TV audience in our biggest global match? Just old men wittering 

When Samoa scored, they started talking about it being a consolation. There was 20 minutes left, in a 14 point ball game🙄

Sell the sizzle, please 

To be fair the conversation was about how great the Kangaroos are and the best rugby team on the planet and so we should see more of them.

Nothing that we haven't said on here plenty of times.

I thought it was net positive.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Klein effing coward 

Oooh, what's the matter, did he nick your whistle once.

No matter how most people feel about it their is, imo, a massive weight of pressure on Referees, either explicit, or more subtle, to NOT " spoil" showpiece televised games by giving red cards for actions that in 99 out of 100 other "lesser" games would lead to instant dismissal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

That trumpets beginning to grind 

In that case, he's playing it all wrong. 😉

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Isn't it the standing leg that is protected for the kicker.  The kicking leg is far more likely to be touched in a charge down attempt and much less dangerous. 

Yes, you are right. I was just saying that I thought Klein gave that as a justification for the penalty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Oooh, what's the matter, did he nick your whistle once.

No matter how most people feel about it their is, imo, a massive weight of pressure on Referees, either explicit, or more subtle, to NOT " spoil" showpiece televised games by giving red cards for actions that in 99 out of 100 other "lesser" games would lead to instant dismissal.

Didn't stop Ganson.

• Confused 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

To be fair the conversation was about how great the Kangaroos are and the best rugby team on the planet and so we should see more of them.

Nothing that we haven't said on here plenty of times.

I thought it was net positive.

Right now they're going on about how the game is over. They're stopping just short of telling people to switch channels.

I don't expect them to act like a WWE over-hyped nutter, but there's a better balance to be struck surely? It's time for some change. Woods is already negative, adding Davies and Noble to him (who are so out of touch tactically it's unreal) really tips it over the edge. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Jiffy gives James Tedesco the Player of the Match. Decent choice, he's been excellent.

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson