1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

Bland boring, predictable game to end an disappointing tournament overall. 4 maybe 5 good matches, poor crowds, obvious winner, England bottling it and no international plan going forward. Yay! I'm done wasting my energy with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 minute ago, DiH68 said:

Yeah they’ve definitely given it a go. Just outclassed.

I really wish last week’s Aus-NZ semi had been the final though. That game deserved the big stage and the big crowd 

I still can't believe England have blown the last two home semis the way they have done. i was at Wembley in 92 for our last final on home soil 30 years ago now, madness.

Proud of this samoan team coming down from a 60-6 scoreline against England to the world cup final with 5 injuries.

Samoa's future looks brighter than ever. I may have been going off at some of the English fans in here but it was all banter and I was just on a high celebrating this samoan team after that huge loss in the first game lol international rugby league is back!

• Like 2

Australia just doing what Australia do. They are just always so difficult to beat and do all the small things right. Then they have the x factor to capitalise on any mistake.

Commiserations to Samoa but they hung in there and certainly weren't embarrassed. 

3 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

That's a wrap. The problem rugby league has is that Australia are so far ahead of everyone else. Samoa did well to keep the points difference down.

Hmm, NZ came very close in the sf, as England in the 2017 final.

• Like 2

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Bland boring, predictable game to end an disappointing tournament overall. 4 maybe 5 good matches, poor crowds, obvious winner, England bottling it and no international plan going forward. Yay! I'm done wasting my energy with it.

Miserable sod, there’s been some brilliant moments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OMG! Can't the BBC do picture in picture? While they're replaying the Latrell try the siren goes but we don't see the players celebrating the WC they've just won because the BBC can't work out how to do picture-in-picture.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

No, I only want it penalised when it's clear.

And if in the next match it isn't , because the ref thought it wasn't and you did ? 

Make it simple , encourage players to go for the intercept , and not be worried about getting it wrong 

4 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

So predictable.

Just now, Farmduck said:

OMG! Can't the BBC do picture in picture? While they're replaying the Latrell try the siren goes but we don't see the players celebrating the WC they've just won because the BBC can't work out how to do picture-in-picture.

Have you never seen Australia celebrate a World Cup before? 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MatthewWoody said:

Hmm, NZ came very close in the sf, as England in the 2017 final.

I don't think they are that far ahead but have too much class in the spine positions as usual to edge everyone else out.

Its definitely not as good, imo, as the Aussie team that went before it with the Queensland greats in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Oh, okay. Bye, then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Jillaroos giving the England Wheelchair team a guard of honour. 👍

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Spidey said:

What?  No kisses this time? 😂😂

Still a bit handsy.

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, SilentAssassin said:

I still can't believe England have blown the last two home semis the way they have done. i was at Wembley in 92 for our last final on home soil 30 years ago now, madness.

Yes. On both occasions we would have been more competitive with Australia in the final than the people we lost to - as we demonstrated in 2017’s final. It’s been a story of missed opportunities from 1990 onwards really. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?