1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

But no cigar , like this time , and the time before , and again , and again 

It's a simple numbers game , until you start to match the number of juniors playing the game ( not just academies ) then you will always be behind 

Well you're right. Considering the numbers of juniors etc, we're less far than we should be.

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

13 minutes ago, Balmainboy said:

Fair. Hopefully they play each other a bunch more so we have more to judge off! 

Love to see a game in either Tonga or Samoa...

This. It's been mentioned by the Samoa coach that a test in Tonga and a test in Samoa would be perfect.

About England, an Ashes series in 2023 or 24 would be perfect. 

• Like 1

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

5 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

Well you're right. Considering the numbers of juniors etc, we're less far than we should be.

You'd think Leigh fans would be used to a lack of success and the reasons for it.

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Does anybody have any stats for infringements ? , Or have we just witnessed the cleanest , fairest RL game in history ? 

4 penalties in the game.

5 set restarts I think.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

You'd think Leigh fans would be used to a lack of success and the reasons for it.

Funny that , there's a very good chance that Leigh have won more games than any other pro/semi pro team in the world in the last 20 odd years , even given the 3 stints in SL 

There's plenty of juniors playing in Leigh , plenty of teenagers from Leigh playing in SL academies as well 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

4 penalties in the game.

5 set restarts I think.

Other than the Chanel Harris-Tevita KO incident, a fast and mostly clean contest. Neither Latrell Mitchell nor Jerome Luai got up to the snide or spiteful antics that you might expect from them under pressure.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Funny that , there's a very good chance that Leigh have won more games than any other pro/semi pro team in the world in the last 20 odd years , even given the 3 stints in SL 

There's plenty of juniors playing in Leigh , plenty of teenagers from Leigh playing in SL academies as well 

What was the average crowd last season?

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

What was the average crowd last season?

So we've gone from discussing reasons why the Aussies are so much better than the rest of the world at RL to Leigh's fan base ? 🤔 

Methinks you are trying to deliberately wind me up ? , I think I might report you to the mods , John put a thread about that on here a few weeks back 

Maybe it's because Leigh didn't do a good rebrand that England didn't win the World Cup ? , It seems were getting blamed for everything else wrong on the planet 

I'll not be discussing it any further with you , you've got a troll hat on it would seem and I don't want to derail this thread and get accused of something I haven't done 

Bye 🙋

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

They do everything better than anyone else even thuggery.

In fairness they'd knocked on and regathered , the Samoan player should have been aware of that but still drove in with the tackle , I genuinely think it was just a defensive ' knee jerk ' on his part , so still a yellow but not a red IMO 

Where they are sneaky is with the Addo Carr ' nudge ' on the full back , that should have been a penalty IMO 

Edited by GUBRATS

Just arrived at our hotel after a great day out at Old Trafford.

1. OT shows there is still life in the old traditional down at heel stadiums.

2 Women's game went as expected but NZ did seem below par.

3. Ditto Aus Vs Samoa. a bit flat at time but when the crowd got behind Samoa, atmosphere was electric.

4. Aus still by far the best in the world. 

• Like 3

The Rock's 300 million followers. Millions of followers of Pacific NFL players, pro athletes & celebs. Literally half a BILLION people reached this week! Toa not just put Samoa out there but they also giving Rugby League a huge new audience. Game changers❤🇼🇸  #ForeverSamoa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MatthewWoody said:

This. It's been mentioned by the Samoa coach that a test in Tonga and a test in Samoa would be perfect.

About England, an Ashes series in 2023 or 24 would be perfect. 

Yes but has he told the Samoa RL and Tonga RL about it? There are actual governing bodies responsible for RL in those countries. They are the ones with the authority to do something to get it up and running.

The IRL might be a bit wary about putting up the cash considering the last  Samoa "tour" of England and some of the people involved in Tonga RL.

There really are good reasons why these Pacific tests are played in Australia rather than in the Pacific countries.

6 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Yes but has he told the Samoa RL and Tonga RL about it? There are actual governing bodies responsible for RL in those countries. They are the ones with the authority to do something to get it up and running.

The IRL might be a bit wary about putting up the cash considering the last  Samoa "tour" of England and some of the people involved in Tonga RL.

There really are good reasons why these Pacific tests are played in Australia rather than in the Pacific countries.

I may be wrong, but I think you’re Australian, with an interest in the Kangaroos. I am very gloomy indeed about the prospects of seeing the Kangaroos over here this decade. Does anybody over there care about whether the Kangaroos play at all? And, if so, could you see them ever coming to the UK?

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

21 minutes ago, Mojo said:

The Rock's 300 million followers. Millions of followers of Pacific NFL players, pro athletes & celebs. Literally half a BILLION people reached this week! Toa not just put Samoa out there but they also giving Rugby League a huge new audience. Game changers❤🇼🇸  #ForeverSamoa

This is true. Whilst an England final would have been good for the game here, Samoa is a pretty great 2nd best outcome - it created a great story, and one which had an impact all over the world. Been a great week because of that. 🇼🇸 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

6 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I may be wrong, but I think you’re Australian, with an interest in the Kangaroos. I am very gloomy indeed about the prospects of seeing the Kangaroos over here this decade. Does anybody over there care about whether the Kangaroos play at all? And, if so, could you see them ever coming to the UK?

I am Australian but I don't know any RL fans so I can't really tell you what the general attitude is. I get all my RL banter from a Brit RL forum - this one. From what I've read on all the Match Threads involving Australia this WC ....

There's an old saying, "If you can't say anything nice about ......" Oh damn! time for bed already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1