1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

13 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Yes but has he told the Samoa RL and Tonga RL about it? There are actual governing bodies responsible for RL in those countries. They are the ones with the authority to do something to get it up and running.

The IRL might be a bit wary about putting up the cash considering the last  Samoa "tour" of England and some of the people involved in Tonga RL.

There really are good reasons why these Pacific tests are played in Australia rather than in the Pacific countries.

Well, I think the Samoan coach is entitled to talk about it. I'm sure the Federations will do what needs to be done. 

About Samoa, in my ideal world they're coming to England on tour next year. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

14 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Yes but has he told the Samoa RL and Tonga RL about it? There are actual governing bodies responsible for RL in those countries. They are the ones with the authority to do something to get it up and running.

The IRL might be a bit wary about putting up the cash considering the last  Samoa "tour" of England and some of the people involved in Tonga RL.

There really are good reasons why these Pacific tests are played in Australia rather than in the Pacific countries.

Sadly true. Both local organisations are basket cases (reflective of local governance generally). You can lead a horse to water… 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Want to see two new teams in a World Cup Final?

Want to see a new name on the World Cup?

Want to see that happen in France 2025?

Easy.

just scroll down

Invite New South Wales and Queensland to join the party.

• Haha 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just back from Manchester. Really enjoyed that. 

Atmosphere was electric when the crowd started to really get behind Samoa.

Sinfield at half time brought a tear of pride to the eye.

Haven’t seen a streaker in years, top marks to the lad.

Some students behind me had watched and played Union all their lives and were blown away by League, why oh why don’t we do more of this.

Best £85 I’ve spent in ages.

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Mojo said:

The Rock's 300 million followers. Millions of followers of Pacific NFL players, pro athletes & celebs. Literally half a BILLION people reached this week! Toa not just put Samoa out there but they also giving Rugby League a huge new audience. Game changers❤🇼🇸  #ForeverSamoa

Yep, Samoa broke new ground. It is VERY special to see the passion and connection for Samoans in corners far and wide.

Emulating Tonga in 2017 (and long-term perhaps exceeding them), Samoa are the team that neutrals and tragics alike will remember for the standout moments that came to pass.

RLWC2021 is Samoa's time.

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just have to admire the way Australia play. Last tackle they take no risks: never give up a 20m restart, always challenge the oppo to start 90-95 metres away from their tryline. It's a slow strangulation but neither Samoa this week nor England last can get close to that to efficiency. Brutal and yet beautiful.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Just have to admire the way Australia play. Last tackle they take no risks: never give up a 20m restart, always challenge the oppo to start 90-95 metres away from their tryline. It's a slow strangulation but neither Samoa this week nor England last can get close to that to efficiency. Brutal and yet beautiful.

Absolutely,Annoyingly.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Yep, Samoa broke new ground. It is VERY special to see the passion and connection for Samoans in corners far and wide.

Emulating Tonga in 2017 (and long-term perhaps exceeding them), Samoa are the team that neutrals and tragics alike will remember for the standout moments that came to pass.

RLWC2021 is Samoa's time.

Imagine that the best way for Rugby League to expand the game to American audience is to play a Samoa vs Tonga game in America instead of the Tier 1 nations.

Tonga vs Samoa has morechance of being sold out in America than any of the big 3 facing each other in the states.

Samoan changing rooms after the game looked more happy than the aussies, and the aussies won the world cup 😂😂😂😂 good to see Tino, Nanai and Taulagi join in too. I hope they all play for Samoa next year

Edited by Mojo

3 hours ago, MatthewWoody said:

Hmm, not sure. England were very bad that day. Both tactically (if it's an English word) and mentally. 

I agree that Samoa was understrength and would like to see more of this (new) rivalry.

When England were at their best and Samoa at their lowest, Eng destroyed them. 

When England was at their lowest, they went to golden point.

However, Samoa deserved to be through. 

Question is why were England at their lowest?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Question is why were England at their lowest?

4 games without being tested , they started that well against Samoa first time it was over by 20 minutes 

Samoa had a test against Tonga in the quarters , got them ready for England 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

4 games without being tested , they started that well against Samoa first time it was over by 20 minutes 

Samoa had a test against Tonga in the quarters , got them ready for England 

Complacency then. That’s why Australia are the best. Focused throughout.

Just now, SUPERSTUD said:

Complacency then. That’s why Australia are the best. Focused throughout.

As I put a bit earlier , you could have a WC without them , have all the rest ' battle hardened ' to decide one finalist , and they could then pick a team and beat whoever 

Depressing 

Not their problem , ours , but the solution is massive 

I didn’t think it was complacency at all, I felt we were totally switched on for the Semi but we panicked. Not having a test beforehand hurt us but the main disadvantage is our lads not having that week to week, high quality league to play in, where the big games are as tight as a drum. The best NRL lads then get to perfect that in Origin games. In that game last week we dug ourselves out of a hole and got it to 20-20 and simply needed to play basic, error free, rugby league but we couldn’t do it. That was not complacency at all IMO, it was a team not conditioned for those circumstances. We have some lads in the NRL but obviously none in Origin and very very few playing at the best clubs. 

Edited by WN83

Well I have to eat a huge amount of humble pie because it was a brilliant day. From the women's game to the main game, to Sinfield arriving, to the on field celebrations afterwards, I can't remember feeling as happy at a game where I didn't really have a dog in the fight. 

It was actually emotional to see such joy at a RL game. RL gets so many things wrong but this day was absolutely effing superb.

Last week I used the word 'disaster' to describe England losing. While I'd still have preferred England to have made it, the fact is they didn't and Samoa certainly didn't disgrace the occasion. 

More international games PLEASE. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

Believed their own BS. 

They had hyped themselves up after a few games against nobody. 

They didn't though. I don't recall any hyperbole about how they were going to win. 

They had a bad day and it cost them. 

For all that, Australia were actually beatable today but we'll never know now. 

2 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

Believed their own BS. 

They had hyped themselves up after a few games against nobody. 

Rubbish , if you know Shaun Wane then no way would they have been of that mindset 

They did however need a genuine test before the semi , they didn't get it , Samoa did 

• Like 2