1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

6 hours ago, Mojo said:

Well done to the Tongan fans and former Tongan players for hosting the after match food for the Samoan team 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

FB_IMG_1668912988509.jpg

I wouldn't be taking my plate back to complain about the food

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Agree but don't over coach the younger players let them enjoy what they are doing without pressure.And develop at their own pace.

Yes. Don't allow parents/fans to go on a quick course and then think they are Wayne Bennett. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I watched on TV and really enjoyed the afternoon of RL. The coverage was great, the game was better than I expected, and both Samoa and the Aussies did a great job. 

Samoa took it to the Aussies and put them under a little pressure from the start. If they could have got an early try it could have been more interesting, but the Aussies were clearly the best team. 

There was a worry at one point when the Aussies were marching 80m up field every set, yet still the Samoans held on bravely. They did themselves proud. 

It's also games like yesterday that make you appreciate the Kangaroos more. They clearly loved the occasion and performed well, and I like seeing them let themselves go, enjoying it rather than the 100% robotic professionalism they normally display. 

The event and atmosphere looked great on TV, the half time piece very moving, presentations great - I thought it was a very good finals day, following an outstanding wheelchair final on Fri. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yes. Don't allow parents/fans to go on a quick course and then think they are Wayne Bennett. 

In truth Dave it's not the coaching skills or knowledge , it's the attitude , the win at all cost , the using of only your talented kids and ignoring the ones making up the numbers , a former coach of my son put an advert in the local paper for " fast and big " kids , he visited local schools and invited loads of new kids down to the team , despite having more than enough kids already , what is the problem with that you might say ? , He then ignored them and split his training into an ' elite ' and ' others ' 

All this to try to provide his son with a winning team 

• Like 3

This was a good video. Not sure if it has been posted. 

https://fb.watch/gVHvMCFgTX/

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

England have players in the NRL. Whitehead, Farnsworth etc aren't standout players. Accept Victor Radley is but he's about as English as I am Australian.

Was one of your parents born in Australia and emigrated here?

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In truth Dave it's not the coaching skills or knowledge , it's the attitude , the win at all cost , the using of only your talented kids and ignoring the ones making up the numbers , a former coach of my son put an advert in the local paper for " fast and big " kids , he visited local schools and invited loads of new kids down to the team , despite having more than enough kids already , what is the problem with that you might say ? , He then ignored them and split his training into an ' elite ' and ' others ' 

In RU there aren't any leagues till Colts level. All leagues result in is "winning is everything", stronger kids most of the possession, until you hit Academy time when these players leave their clubs and teams struggle to field teams. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Was one of your parents born in Australia and emigrated here?

I've spent more time in France  than Victor Radley has been here, doesn't make me French. But that wasn't really the point. The English players in the NRL aren't standout players. The Australian Victor Radley is a standout player. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

superb defence by the green and golds all tournament - I doubt we would have troubled their try line yesterday -gutted we didn't get to face either them or NZ after all this time waiting for the WC to start - if Samoa recruit another half dozen top stars then who knows their limits?

Samoan team next year without injuries looks very good

1 Joseph Suaali'i

2 Tylan May

3 Izack Tago

4 Stephen Crichton

5 Brian To'o

6 Jarome Luai

7 Ronald Volkman

8 Payne Haas

9 Danny Levi

10 Junior Paulo

11 Jeremiah Nanai

12 Jayd'n Sua

13 Josh Schuster

14 Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

15 Josh Papali'i

16 Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

17 Braden Hamlin-Uele

Edited by Mojo

38 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yup, I've posted here before about my experiences coaching kids. I wouldnt have most of the coaches I encountered near my daughter. 

Enjoy my day in Manchester yesterday. Two dominant displays from.the men's and women's Australian teams but no less . enjoyable for that.

I sat between an excited Aussies and two Swinton fans who were watching their 52 and 53rd game in the World Cup. They have to take the Golden Mile-O-Meter award for the most travelled fans of the tournament. Chapeau gents!

• Like 3

Watching it on telly after being at the match. Can’t understand why Samoa didn’t use a captain’s challenge after Tedesco’s foot on the line. I know they were a distance away but I was further away in the East Stand and everyone round me thought he’d gone in touch. Great atmosphere. The crowd rocking for Samoa but again everyone round me appreciate (through clenched teeth possibly) at just how well drilled, skilful and mentally tough the Aussies are. Their defence at times was just a clamp. The speed at changing defence Ito attack was outstanding. No weak links. A lesson for the other teams. The atmosphere when Kevin Sinfield came on was fantastic- gives us a bit of hope and again a lesson in these politically- selfish (imo) times. Can’t understand why literally hundreds, possibly thousands missed the women’s final. The Aussies in that too, were breathtakingly good. And that’s it, until Oldham Roughyeds start again. Anyone have a Helpline number? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Just have to admire the way Australia play. Last tackle they take no risks: never give up a 20m restart, always challenge the oppo to start 90-95 metres away from their tryline. It's a slow strangulation but neither Samoa this week nor England last can get close to that to efficiency. Brutal and yet beautiful.

I said it last year and got shouted down on these pages that in time a number of these present day Aussie representatives will be as reverevd as some of the greats of the past, this kind of accolade is only earned over a number a of years, and I am sure that some of these will fall into that catagory

I also said that if anyone who wagers did not want to waste any money then it is a no brainer to back Australia, all those who were saying they were underdone and were there for the taking were either being simply patriotic, delusional or not recognising superior talent and application when they see it. As for England yes we have "A few good player's" but as in any other walk of life Rugby League is an organic product, it grows and gets better with each passing generation, sadly we are at least a couple of generations behind Australia and their culture of the sport and their implementation and utilisation of the talent available to them. The Island nations will also fall backwards as the 'Heritage' player's become less available, all those who now qualify soley on the Grandparent ruling will be the last of their own particular lineage unless they send their partners 'back home' to give birth. 

Australia love 'em or hate 'em, are the absolute pinnicle of our sport on this planet, they have the best player's, best coaches, best methods, best pathways and to top it all they do not stand still they strive to improve all the time in their application and quality and on that basis they will in my opinion never be caught as much as much as the others endeavour, toil and sweat to catch up, they may have an uncharacteristic blip on some occasion but will always remain top of the pile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Watching it on telly after being at the match. Can’t understand why Samoa didn’t use a captain’s challenge after Tedesco’s foot on the line.

As the decision was play on and the game didn't stop, there was no opportunity for a challenge.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

England have players in the NRL. Whitehead, Farnsworth etc aren't standout players. Accept Victor Radley is but he's about as English as I am Australian.

His father is English, so he's both English and Australian.

Samoa and their support showed identity doesn't fade away in a generation. 

Have some respect.

• Like 1

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

13 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

You might 

I never will 

Be it RL, cricket, RU, netball or anything. 

I was like that BB, but then in time you realise that it is just a cultural dislike, and nothing at all to do with how as a country of a relitvley small population they are so good at the diversity of any number of given sports, they probably have never won anything at "The Inuit One-Foot High Kick" competition but introduce it and given time and they would most probably excellent at that to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I was like that BB, but then in time you realise that it is just a cultural dislike, and nothing at all to do with how as a country of a relitvley small population they are so good at the diversity of any number of given sports, they probably have never won anything at "The Inuit One-Foot High Kick" competition but introduce it and given time and they would most probably excellent at that to.

Oh I mean it in a banter way Harry...I've met plenty of nice Aussies through cricket, work and rugby...I usually like them 

I tend to dislike any side that dominates a sport unless it's my team .......in 46 years I've never had any of my teams dominate of course but you never know 

12 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Not sure I can agree with this.

The intensity wasn't there from England from the first whistle.  I'm not putting the blame in any particular place but mentally, they weren't switched on for that game.

With due respect that is a load of BS, these are very close to the best players we could have put out on the pitch, all having played and performed on big occasions in cup finals or grand finals it is not that they were underprepared or the coach would have been the silent one pre-comp, pre-week or pre-game, we have all heard his passion and seen the effect of how he gets into his players psyche - remember Ben Flowers - is it not conceivable that the best team on the day won, even though that very same team were verbally assassinated on these pages three weeks before.