1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

1 hour ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

A really enjoyable day - agree with those that say the booing of the Aussies was all in jest. The ovation for Sinfield was both spine tingling and well deserved, while the atmosphere whenever Samoa did something of note was fantastic.

Seen some comments here about whether Aussie fans really care - small sample size here, but stayed to see the trophy being lifted and there were some older Aussie fans near us who were getting quite emotional. One day I hope to be in their shoes...

One thing though, maybe for regular Old Trafford attendees - is it usually such a pain in the bum getting away from there on the tram? Only consolation of that very long wait under the cricket Old Trafford was that it wasn't raining...

I last used the OT tram stop about ten years ago and now stay around Media City. The council don’t appear to put either extra trams on or more carriages when events are on at OT (certainly not for the GF) simply expecting the regular service to suffice. It usually ends up with a rammed platform that then becomes a rammed tram if you are lucky enough to get on it. Not fun by any stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

Great, I'm happy for you to have that opinion, and it may indeed be correct.

Now then why don't you tell me that another 500 times?

Ok.

In an case, in my view, NRL is streets ahead of SL across the board.

In an case, in my view, NRL is streets ahead of SL across the board.

19 hours ago, Dunbar said:

The squad numbers meant that we were always going to watch games where some of the players were not playing in a number reflecting their position.

The Australian decision meant we were going to watch matches where no-one (apart from Tedesco) was going to play in a number reflecting their position.

How is one more confusing than the other?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Did you not take my advice on the OT thread and use the Wharfside tram stop? It’s in the opposite direction to the OT tram stop near the cricket ground where the vast majority of  tram users go. Ah well, you live and learn 😂

Navigating in unfamiliar territory in the dark is pretty difficult around OT. It was amusing (in a cruel way) to see those that decided to go to Trafford Bar for the tram instead watching full trams trundle up one after the other.

I thought that Metro handled the situation at the tram stop pretty well and empty trams were pulling up every 3 minutes. I can't see how they could have managed any better. The trains from Picadilly were another matter altogether though.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

How is one more confusing than the other?

I don't really know what to say apart from what I have already said.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

One thing i have thought for a while is that when a player receives a head shot and has to go off to be assessed , the player committing the offence should also have to go off , and if the player fails his assessment and can`t come back on , the offender shouldn`t be able to either .

• Like 3