1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

6 minutes ago, Mark S said:

The game in the UK could start with betting rid of relegation. We can’t complain about inferior we are to the NRL and not implement one of the most obvious solutions.

So it's relegation that prevents us being the best in the world at RL ? 😂

As Kevin Sinfield has arrived at OT, let's just post this snippet from earlier.

• Haha 9

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Let’s face it, Samoa beat an England team where 95% of the players have been flogged over the SL season, and then expected to play at the top level for another few weeks.

Enjoy the final ya losers 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, moorside roughyed said:

Lovely to see Kevin Sinfield out there. As a fellow Oldhamer ,it goes without I am really proud of him. The guys a trust legend and a fantastic human being. We need more like him.

Sinfield is boss.

8 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I agree that it is unsporting. I would support the RU laws being applied in RL.

Explain the difference between a deliberate knock on , and an unsuccessful interception attempt ? 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

?????

What do you think those Samoa players were doing over the last 6 months?

There is plenty of talk in the UK game - from coaches and performance professionals that we play too many games and flog our players too hard.

It is either true or not.  If it is true then an end of season tournament is where it will show.

But I do feel that is a bit of an excuse for last week.  England just weren't switched on.  It was mental, not physical.  And while you can have mental fatigue as well, surely you can get up for a World Cup semi final. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, sam4731 said:

I disagree. If you have an international game based on the idea that all the top players play in one league, you haven't got a strong international game. Let's not be naive about this, if there was any doubt as to whether the NRL controlled the international game before, there certainly won't now. They'll do whatever they want now which inevitably means them moving the goalposts to their own advantage. I wouldn't expect the Pacific nations to be as strong going forward. I reckon we'll see some new eligibility rules soon as a way to prevent this happening again.

They won’t restrict eligibility rules. Almost 60% Polynesian player base which will only grow there’s no way you can limit that player pool to just australia and New Zealand. The islands will be strong moving forward and now the pacific supporters are pro toa samoa and mate maa Tonga. These are not nrl supporters this is a whole new subset of supporters that will want to watch their national team yearly and the numbers are there to support it. Mr smart sold out this year for Tonga v nz and that will continue to grow. 

Edited by Iceberg Slim

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Enjoy the final ya losers 😂😂😂😂

You're on a thread where the vast majority are rooting for Samoa.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We have a voluntary tackle rule as well , there's a lot more of those in every game than deliberate knock one in a season 

THE best part of both codes of rugby is the potential for an interception try , it's one thing football don't have , that you can be defending your own line literally a yard out outnumbered and with the right timing and luck you can take possession and go full length to score 

To do anything that makes it less likely to happen is madness 

So that rule should be dribbled out from the book 

I agree that intercepts should be promoted. RU are IMO too keen to bin players when it's 50/50 between an attempted intercept and a slap-down.

My point is that when it's a clear slap-down it should be penalised.

The Aussie one in that first half was a clear example of a deliberate slap, with zero attempt to gain the ball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

The whiney Welsh accent (sorry Taffs) is bad enough but it’s always an Australian jerk off. We know they’re good, we just don’t need reminding every two minutes.

Unfortunately they remind us of it just about every two minutes 

• Like 1

Just now, Mojo said:

I replied to one posters and you think I'm aiming it at everyone? Geez 

You should have typed loser then and not losers.

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

I agree that intercepts should be promoted. RU are IMO too keen to bin players when it's 50/50 between an attempted intercept and a slap-down.

My point is that when it's a clear slap-down it should be penalised.

The Aussie one in that first half was a clear example of a deliberate slap, with zero attempt to gain the ball.

You are making it a subjective decision , we already have too many of those 

Your Voluntary Tackle opinion ? , Considering we see several every game ?