Fri 18 Nov: Wheelchair World Cup Final: France v England KO 7.30pm

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/11/22 at 20:00

1 hour ago, dkw said:

The reception and reach for this game is incredible, I go on a football forum (it's loosely a football one, its basically a general one with everything) and it's full of angry cynics ha ha, but the thread for last nights match is universal in its praise, people wanting to see more of it.

Very much the same reaction on a Bolton forum that I frequent 

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

That inclusivity is something at the heart of the game, and one that stops it from getting disability sport funding or, if enough nations end up playing it, Paralympic acceptance. Let nobody say that Rugby League ever makes things easy for itself.

You are allowed a sighted goalkeeper in the blind football tournament so it may be possible under certain parameters.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

West Germany said the same about the Russian linesman in 1966 too, I'm sure.

Can we settle this now?

He wasn't Russian. He was from Azerbaijan.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Great game great result but the best bit was when Abrial came up for his medal through a chorus of boos you could see he had a face like a smacked ar$e and was teed off because despite his best effort France lost

visage comme un cul claqué

An exciting competitive compelling match but before the world cup and the BEEB showing the whole wide world Wheelchair Rugby League people only had this to watch

34 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

You are allowed a sighted goalkeeper in the blind football tournament so it may be possible under certain parameters.

Yes, I suppose that's possible.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

28 minutes ago, arcticchris said:

Which is ridiculous because what could be better for disabled people than being treated fairly in an inclusive sport that anyone can play.

Completely agree. This a sport that actually gives people with a disability the opportunity to play alongside anyone and everyone. Instead of being a disability sport it's a mainstream sport that people with a disability can play.

Imagine if it got into the Commonwealth or Olympic games. First sport in those games which people with a disability can play in 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

Imagine if it got into the Commonwealth or Olympic games. First sport in those games which people with a disability can play in 

It'd need a lot more countries playing to be eligible for the Commonwealth Games. Not saying that won't happen, but it will take time.

Most CW countries have some sort of "rugby" presence, so it wouldn't be an entirely alien concept to anyone wanting to start a domestic league.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

If they do, watch out for people on this forum complaining that it's slowing the game down and ruining it. #CantWin 

IMO it would spoil it, the attractions of wheelchair rugby league from what I've been reading is it's pace and brutality, get a video ref involved and you kill both, leave it as it is and live and die by the person with the whistle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

It's a French-invented sport, with rules set by, er... the French.

• Thanks 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, POR said:

Great game great result but the best bit was when Abrial came up for his medal through a chorus of boos you could see he had a face like a smacked ar$e and was teed off because despite his best effort France lost

visage comme un cul claqué

An exciting competitive compelling match but before the world cup and the BEEB showing the whole wide world Wheelchair Rugby League people only had this to watch

"rugby" 😅🥱

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

A shame the focus is on the officiating and the legitimacy of blokes, completely amateur, taking time away from their lives to play in this tournament. 

I don't think that's true. There is loads of focus on the England team becoming World Champions. 

We can run with more than one story at once, in fact you could argue it helps keep it in the news. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't think that's true. There is loads of focus on the England team becoming World Champions. 

We can run with more than one story at once, in fact you could argue it helps keep it in the news. 

All I’ve seen today is the focus on some moody French blokes, absolutely nothing on the English players and their stories to becoming world champions because I am absolutely certain that there are inspiring stories to tell.