Fri 18 Nov: Wheelchair World Cup Final: France v England KO 7.30pm

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/11/22 at 20:00

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Accusing the referee of bias every time things don't go your team's way is a long-established pattern on this forum. Nothing good ever comes of it - it's the Trump mentality.

The referee has made mistakes, some of which have benefited England, some France.

Wow - just wow.

Edited by Leonard

Just now, Dave T said:

If they both speak French, of what use is that to a UK TV audience? 

I'd imagine....something something brexit....something something xenophobia.....

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

If they both speak French, of what use is that to a UK TV audience? 

There is a translator on hand. They had one for the French coach before the game.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Damien said:

That is why I prefer the commentary when it is done by people familiar with the wheelchair game. Both pundits explained quite clearly why the try was disallowed where as the commentary team had no idea.

Yes, that was poor tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

That is why I prefer the commentary when it is done by people familiar with the wheelchair game. Both pundits explained quite clearly why the try was disallowed where as the commentary team had no idea.

Agreed; I can't fault the commentary team's enthusiasm, but the gap between that incident and the informed half time explanation allowed all sorts of conspiracy theories to bubble up.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, gingerjon said:

There is a translator on hand. They had one for the French coach before the game.

Yes, it's been one of the things I've liked, people speaking in their native tongue. 

The player being interviewed could clearly speak English. 

• Like 1

So, we have seen Wheelchair Rugby League trending on Twitter over the last few weeks. 

Now, Jack Brown, a Wheelchair Rugby League player is trending 6th on Twitter tonight. 

How good is that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, north yorks trinity said:

Edited for accuracy.

Childish, and reportable if I bothered.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

You could see player was having a hard time with English

He wanted to reply in English, an interpreter relayed the question.  

• Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

So, we have seen Wheelchair Rugby League trending on Twitter over the last few weeks. 

Now, Jack Brown, a Wheelchair Rugby League player is trending 6th on Twitter tonight. 

How good is that.

I'm at my parents in Oxfordshire.

Apparently, the old dears in my mum's knitting group have all been absolutely raving about the wheelchair RL. Very particularly the wheelchair tournament and very particularly they know it's RL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)