1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 20:00

The England girls really need to hit Amber Hall before she gets any momentum otherwise she is nearly unstoppable.

Apii Nicholls is also a dangerous player from fullback who will need to be watched closely.

Also have to stop the offloads and second phase play from their props Clark & Moana Hill.

Good luck. 🤞

• Like 1

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Well, I have dusted myself from Saturday and ready to go again and see of the Women can do what the men couldn't.

I was somewhat heartened by the final group game between Australia and New Zealand as the quality wasn't as high as I was expecting. 

England have shown good fitness and good structure through this tournament and if we can get some of our execution right it will be a good game.  The Kiwis are favourites, no doubt, but we have a chance.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The Kiwis are favourites, no doubt, but we have a chance.

Not according to the bookies, who have England as (very) marginal favourites. I'm not sure I agree with that having seen the way the ferns took the game to Australia last week, but it should be a very good game and I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

GB/England have played the Kiwi Ferns 11 times. And lost 11 times. Most of those were heavy defeats. So, history says New Zealand.

We have to hope that England have made enough progress and the momentum from the tournament and atmosphere of tonight`s occasion will carry them through.

I suspect Raecene McGregor isn`t fully fit. That could be significant. Certainly will be if they lose her during the game.

Kick reception is more significant in women`s RL than in the men`s game. A lot of repeat sets come from errors. Even at the highest level. In previous games, Courtney Hill and Georgia Roche have done all the kicking. That makes sense for attacking kicks, but from deep we should have Tara-Jane Stanley bombing the living daylights out of the Kiwi back three.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Not according to the bookies, who have England as (very) marginal favourites. I'm not sure I agree with that having seen the way the ferns took the game to Australia last week, but it should be a very good game and I'm looking forward to it.

That might just be in the UK and be to do with betting patterns and the fact that people like to bet on their own team even if it isn't based on financial common sense.

5 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

That might just be in the UK and be to do with betting patterns and the fact that people like to bet on their own team even if it isn't based on financial common sense.

Yes I think this is a well-documented phenomenon, especially combined with the way bookies set their prices, not according to any playing form or likely outcome but according to the weight of money on the different outcomes.

Best example of this is State of Origin betting. In all those years of Qld dominance, the bookies had NSW as favourites in nearly every match. This just showed there were more dumb RL punters in NSW than there were in Qld.

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im going over first time at Yorks stadium, looking forward to it

Me too, but trying to find and book parking is a bit of a ballache.

Does anyone know if you can just rock up and park or do you have to use the booking system where you need to create an account etc?

38 minutes ago, meast said:

Me too, but trying to find and book parking is a bit of a ballache.

Does anyone know if you can just rock up and park or do you have to use the booking system where you need to create an account etc?

I’ve been told to park in the vangarde shopping centre as charges and match day restrictions stop at 6

I suspect England will be found out a little on the edges, but will certainly take it to NZ in the forwards. England are a gutsy side, but they just seem a yard short of pace compared to Australia and NZ.

Looking forward to seeing just how far England have come in closing the gap between themselves and the world's best. I would love them to be still in the game on 60 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Big crowd on i reckon

What’s the biggest RL crowd in there? Have York ever filled it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)