1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 20:00

Think this has been Emily Rudge's best game of this comp today.  I think she has stood up physically really well.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Tara Stanley will not be rushing to watch this one back. She's been great to watch so far in this competition, but she's had a mare tonight. Really feel for her.

The Ferns have done a lot more damage down the other side of the field to TJS. She certainly hasn't taken her attacking options as well as against domestic opposition, but scapegoating an individual in an all-round outplayed team is unnecessary.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

These England girls are battling through to the end. I am really proud of them. They've been terrific value in this competition.

Agree 100%. They have been full of heart.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Ferns have done a lot more damage down the other side of the field to TJS. She certainly hasn't taken her attacking options as well as against domestic opposition, but scapegoating an individual in an all-round outplayed team is unnecessary.

I am not scapegoating at all. I am making a perfectly reasonable observation, and done it with a degree of empathy too. I note you've not reacted to any of my positive posts.

Edited by Northern Eel
  • Like 3

Is the difference between the teams that it's one comp that gives the women all they need to become elite players, and another that thinks that a half assed approach is the way to go.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

These England girls are battling through to the end. I am really proud of them. They've been terrific value in this competition.

Spot on. All you can ask when players come up against teams that are better than them and not having an off night is that they keep going. And England have done that in spades.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think Beevers needs to move infield to progress her game.  She is big and strong and for me should be on the edge rather than wing.

Just now, doc said:

Is the difference between the teams that it's one comp that gives the women all they need to become elite players, and another that thinks that a half assed approach is the way to go.

There are people busily defending appointing volunteers to be team managers in the Women's Super League if that answers your question.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There was no scapegoating, she has really struggled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, doc said:

Even the top sides in that second competition can barely afford to go beyond half assed. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Are you going to let the guys from Saturday know that you're docking their pay too?

I know, totally crass comment. They have given it everything tonight. Shame we can't get a team or two into the NRLW, that would make a huge difference. 

What happened to the set restarts?

Totally disappeared this half.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.