1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 20:00

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

That Hufanga has battered Hardcastle tonight. Absolutely owned her.

This RWC was Hufanga's international debut, after switching from RU.

So we should assume she'll get better with more experience and the skills picked up in the next few seasons of WNRL.

Eek! :kolobok_scare:

• Confused 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just bombed too many last tackle plays.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

The Women's SL has done great things for the game (after some criminal neglect), but the WNRL is that step above.  

The WNRL attracts the best athletes in the country.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

A lot of heart and determination shown by the England team, we need to ensure the momentum is not lost on this.

NZ obviously deserved the win, but England were not disgraced they just faced a better team.

• Like 6

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, moorside roughyed said:

Well that's it. NZ just had too much in most departments. Plus some of their players were massive,very hard to stop. Well done our girls you tried your hearts out tonight.

It wasn't just the big ones though, was it? Apii Nicholls was great, that winger outside Hufanga was good, even when she wasn't feeding off Hufanga, Krystal Rota is always good. They're all small and Rota is 37.

• Like 1

Just now, Midlands hobo said:

I think that'll happen to whoever goes up against her next week.

The difference being that we'll enjoy watching it a lot more.

A likeable and upbeat post-match interview from her, too.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done kiwis.

Well done our girls. Difficult task at hand to but never gave up.

Done the women's game no end of good.

The Rugby League need to support the womens game with professionals.

• Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Two big units on the RHS for the NZ team meant they were very difficult to stop, but I think England have to look at their attacking close to the line as a huge part of the result. Some strange calls didn't help, but not enough to change the winner.

You won't hear it on the TV coverage which is all about how great the "effort" was, but England need to be better to compete. It's a real sport and coverage should reflect mistakes as well as successes.

• Like 4

Just now, Josef K said:

Hufanga what a fantastic player. I hope NZ they win the World Cup. 

The second rower just inside her make them a very potent weapon on that side , between them they set up most of the problems for England 

That's the end of a really impressive journey for this group of girls. I have followed their progress eagerly and they have improved so much over the last year. They've given NZ are real game there, and NZ are a close match to Australia. That's a terrific effort from England to get close.

In the end, just like the men, we need to be playing the best teams regularly. We are going to have to go looking for that on the international scene. Domestically, we need to ensure that there is investment which matches the talk from those who run the game. You can't big up the ladies and then not back them with what they need.

On a personal level, I have been on a journey with my daughter by my side throughout this tournament. We have bonded, laughed, cheered, and now had a little cry together. There MUST be a lasting legacy for girls all over the country, 

Well played England. Every one of you. You were brilliant.

• Like 18