1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 17:30

9 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Pity that this Ladies' SF doesn't appear to be televised here in Ireland.

Hard to see anything other than a fairly resounding Jillaroos victory.

46-8 is what I'll go with.

Judging by the fog, I don't think any of us will be seeing the game.

You've got to admire how good the Jillaroos are but my god it's boring to watch. 

PNG, as was the case when they played England, were competitive for about 10 minutes, now the fatigue has started to set in they look completely out of their depth. Australia will score 90 again if they keep their foot on the gas. If the Orchids score a try I would be astounded.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

31 missed tackles by PNG. One a minute

Wow.

The women's game has come on a lot in recent years so it's a shame that in the world cup we've got this as a semi final, and PNG are legitimately one of the top 4 sides, it's not like they are there by a fluke. I guess you've just got to take your hat off to the quality of Australia.

It's the same old story: player pool, junior league numbers, development pathways, competition pyramid through tougher comps, good coaching and a bit of money thrown at it. There's no magic here.

• Thanks 1

Australia showing their class now.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

With the expansion of the WNRL, let's also hope that more PNG players get a chance to mix it at the top level. There have definitely been a few in this Orchids side that could be very effective as part of a good club side. Elsie Albert's proven that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Northern Eel said:

PNGs handling is AWFUL. They struggle to hold a set of 6 out in defense, yet continue to give Australia set after set to rack up the score. This is a really poor semi-final, unfortunately.

PNG are just spent defending and chasing.  When they manage to win some possession, they are too knackered to do anything as the Aussies are fresh enough to turn on a bit of intense defense.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The short turnarounds in the women's RWC have favoured the professionals over the amateurs.

Given that this tournament started a long time after the men's, let's hope for better scheduling next time. If the players can get another week or more off their day jobs, that is, but it would make a good deal of difference.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

The short turnarounds in the women's RWC have favoured the professionals over the amateurs.

Given that this tournament started a long time after the men's, let's hope for better scheduling next time. If the players can get another week or more off their day jobs, that is, but it would make a good deal of difference.

I'd also give the wheelchair players longer between games too.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shellie Long goes short for the kick off and wins possession.  If only there was a Claire Short to throw a long pass and get her winger away!