Embarrassing news for England

Just now, Jughead said:

Isn’t that on the hotel though. Can they enforce something like that?

The World Cup can make sure that teams are completely out of a hotel before another team turns up, especially before a final.

It shouldn't have to get to the stage where fines and other punishments are threatened, it should just be common sense from the team managers.

I'm assuming it's likely to be the NRL based England players that were in the hotel. I can't think of any reason why the UK-based players would still be there. After that disappointment surely you'd rather get back home instead of playing knock-a-door-run on the Samoan team.

Disappointing headlines and given the very minor reason Herbie Farnworth was omitted from an England side you'd have to assume Shaun Wane would take a dim view of stuff like this, which could be bad news for Radley after such a good tournament.

2 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I'm assuming it's likely to be the NRL based England players that were in the hotel. I can't think of any reason why the UK-based players would still be there. After that disappointment surely you'd rather get back home instead of playing knock-a-door-run on the Samoan team.

Disappointing headlines and given the very minor reason Herbie Farnworth was omitted from an England side you'd have to assume Shaun Wane would take a dim view of stuff like this, which could be bad news for Radley after such a good tournament.

I wouldn't assume that at all. I'd say it's more likely that players just thought let's have one last booze up to finish the camp off.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I wouldn't assume that at all. I'd say it's more likely that players just thought let's have one last booze up to finish the camp off.

You're probably right. I think that's just me as a non-drinker not understanding the appeal of a booze up 😄

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The World Cup can make sure that teams are completely out of a hotel before another team turns up, especially before a final.

It shouldn't have to get to the stage where fines and other punishments are threatened, it should just be common sense from the team managers.

If some want to stay on at a hotel after their tournament has ended, I’m not sure how you enforce a “ban”. That is then the player’s fault that they can’t stay in or visit a hotel, have a beer and act like a grown adult without bringing themselves, the country they represented and the sport as a whole. The England three and Bentley should be heavily fined and potentially face bans, too. 

So am reading this correctly. Bentley instigated an altercation and came  off second best so cried to Samoan players. 2 unnamed allegedly English players may have had an altercation at an unspecified place and time. Samoa players were woken up by knock and runs in a hotel and the blame is on English players because?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

So am reading this correctly. Bentley instigated an altercation and came  off second best so cried to Samoan players. 2 unnamed allegedly English players may have had an altercation at an unspecified place and time. Samoa players were woken up by knock and runs in a hotel and the blame is on English players because?

Yeah basically but you missed the alleged bit,Bentley is the biggest tool in Superleague & if this alleged incident happed like it reads in this report he has further enhanced that reputation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah basically but you missed the alleged bit,Bentley is the biggest tool in Superleague & if this alleged incident happed like it reads in this report he has further enhanced that reputation.

I'm aware of his err attributes. I was just reading the article and it hardly reads as embarrassing as there is little if any substance 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jughead said:

If some want to stay on at a hotel after their tournament has ended, I’m not sure how you enforce a “ban”. That is then the player’s fault that they can’t stay in or visit a hotel, have a beer and act like a grown adult without bringing themselves, the country they represented and the sport as a whole. The England three and Bentley should be heavily fined and potentially face bans, too. 

Of course you can! If you're a participant then the organisers can make your responsibilities to the tournament include from when you are knocked out until, say, 24 hours after the final. I'm guessing that all players and staff have signed some kind of contract with RLWC21. 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Just the potential for aggro, and professional teams and athletes on camp want their own space. Knock a door running on the Samoans was tame. Tour camps are a fun experience, but not one to be shared with others outside the team.

They don't even stay in the same hotel for Challenge Cup Finals.

It’s sad that it’s the case really, ie grown men staying there in a professional capacity not being able to stay in the same place, it’s not like they’re on a stag weekend. However I take your point. 

40 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Excellent kangaroo court, you’re read an article on an Australian website and want to start fining and banning people when you don’t know who they are or what’s fine on 😂

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Excellent kangaroo court, you’re read an article on an Australian website and want to start fining and banning people when you don’t know who they are or what’s fine on 😂

Yes, players who get into public altercations should be faced with punishments. It’s not hard to understand, or maybe it is, eh

Just now, Jughead said:

Yes, players who get into public altercations should be faced with punishments. It’s not hard to understand, or maybe it is, eh

Do you even know who they are or what the situation was? If not I tend to find it’s best to find out stuff like that before making sweeping statements demanding fines and bans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Do you even know who they are or what the situation was? If not I tend to find it’s best to find out stuff like that before making sweeping statements demanding fines and bans. 

Yes, Victor Radley and James Bentley. That’s not the definition of a sweeping statement, pal. That’s an opinion. They’re like bumholes, we’ve all got one.