Embarrassing news for England

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Do you even know who they are or what the situation was? If not I tend to find it’s best to find out stuff like that before making sweeping statements demanding fines and bans. 

Booo. Logic and reasoning how dare you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Yes, Victor Radley and James Bentley. That’s not the definition of a sweeping statement, pal. That’s an opinion. They’re like bumholes, we’ve all got one. 

The other two are those I was questioning, the two that you said should be fined and banned when you don’t know who they are or what they’ve done. 

Even so I’d find out what happened before demanding either Radley or Bentley get banned too, what if for example was one defending themselves after being attacked by the other? 

Just now, Eddie said:

The other two are those I was questioning, the two that you said should be fined and banned when you don’t know who they are or what they’ve done. 

Even so I’d find out what happened before demanding either Radley or Bentley get banned too, what if for example was one defending themselves after being attacked by the other? 

Players who are found to be involved in altercations should receive punishments, in a similar way to how the NRL hands out punishments for such instances. 

The example you give should lead to player fines and bans.

5 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Players who are found to be involved in altercations should receive punishments, in a similar way to how the NRL hands out punishments for such instances. 

The example you give should lead to player fines and bans.

If someone attacked you in the street and you defended yourself, would you expect to be punished by the law for it, and accept that as reasonable? 

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They haven’t heard of rugby league, there’ll be something about Ronaldo whining or England v whoever in a Union game. 

Sean Long and Martin Gleeson would disagree. There's plenty of space for Rugby League headlines when they can portray it negatively.

I'm joking (at least a bit), but they do have form for this.

Edited by Stuff Smith
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It is. It wasn’t the official England team hotel and he was invited there. 

Since you’ve got the intel who invited him? Doesn’t stack up - what we’re E players doing in same hotel as S players. Regardless have KB near anything is dangerous - point proven.

10 minutes ago, Pie tries said:

Since you’ve got the intel who invited him? Doesn’t stack up - what we’re E players doing in same hotel as S players. Regardless have KB near anything is dangerous - point proven.

It’s literally what has been reported. 

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/world-cup-investigating-alleged-manchester-brawl-involving-roosters-star-victor-radley-20221115-p5by9b.html

Wane there too, according to new reports. Absolutely no way he can stay in charge if true. 

Bentley was allegedly the instigator of the fight, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. The report claims Bentley had been abusing England coach Shaun Wane when Radley intervened to protect him. He alleged headbutted Bentley who required stitches.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Bentley was allegedly the instigator of the fight, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. The report claims Bentley had been abusing England coach Shaun Wane when Radley intervened to protect him. He alleged headbutted Bentley who required stitches.

Sources with knowledge of the situation told the Herald that England Rugby League officials threatened to call the police on Bentley if he didn’t leave a venue. It is alleged he exchanged words with England coach Shaun Wane regarding his non-selection in the England team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/world-cup-investigating-alleged-manchester-brawl-involving-roosters-star-victor-radley-20221115-p5by9b.html

Wane there too, according to new reports. Absolutely no way he can stay in charge if true. 

Don’t see how SW at fault - he’s out having a beer with his team. Someone apparently invites KB - he gets smashed and apparently insults SW for not picking him. KB then takes on VR - and loses spectacularly. Whoever invited KB needs their bumps feeling. Only one loser here…

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Pie tries said:

Don’t see how SW at fault - he’s out having a beer with his team. Someone apparently invites KB - he gets smashed and apparently insults SW for not picking him. KB then takes on VR - and loses spectacularly. Whoever invited KB needs their bumps feeling. Only one loser here…

Failing to control his players and bringing the game into disrepute. Not a chance he survives that. It’s a PR disaster (though we’re tiny so it might not create the story it could do). 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Failing to control his players and bringing the game into disrepute. Not a chance he survives that. It’s a PR disaster (though we’re tiny so it might not create the story it could do). 

Not certain how SW has brought the game into disrepute. Having a beer when suddenly the unguided missile that is KB arrives - before he gets shot down. Swift justice in my book - oh and my mum has more chance of being picked for England now than KB

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pie tries said:

Not certain how SW has brought the game into disrepute. Having a beer when suddenly the unguided missile that is KB arrives - before he gets shot down. Swift justice in my book - oh and my mum has more chance of being picked for England now than KB

Advocating violence. Evening Mrs Wane. 

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If true, my opinion of Radley grows higher (it was already very high).

• Like 8

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

According to that report, all Shaun Wane has done is be verbally abused by Bentley.

• Like 9