Embarrassing news for England

4 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

According to that report, all Shaun Wane has done is be verbally abused by Bentley.

As the England coach, three of his players have allegedly got into altercations (whilst he was present) and some players in his team have played childish and embarrassing pranks on the Samoan players and staff. It’s a lack of professionalism, a lack of control, a lack of accountability that he banged on about in the post match interview and a lack of respect for others. I just don’t see how he keeps the job, if this is correct. It’s not how leaders and senior staff behave or have their people behaving. For someone who bangs on about culture and leadership with regularity, it’s alarming (though not completely surprising) that this has occurred. 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Pie tries said:

Don’t see how SW at fault - he’s out having a beer with his team. Someone apparently invites KB - he gets smashed and apparently insults SW for not picking him. KB then takes on VR - and loses spectacularly. Whoever invited KB needs their bumps feeling. Only one loser here…

Who is KB? 🤷🏼

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

As the England coach, three of his players have allegedly got into altercations (whilst he was present) and some players in his team have played childish and embarrassing pranks on the Samoan players and staff. It’s a lack of professionalism, a lack of control, a lack of accountability that he banged on about in the post match interview and a lack of respect for others. I just don’t see how he keeps the job, if this is correct. It’s not how leaders and senior staff behave or have their people behaving. For someone who bangs on about culture and leadership with regularity, it’s alarming (though not completely surprising) that this has occurred. 

Was Wane there when they were running around the hotel then? They’re grown men, it’s not a primary school trip, the responsibility lies with those who were acting like idiots, not Wane. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Jughead said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/world-cup-investigating-alleged-manchester-brawl-involving-roosters-star-victor-radley-20221115-p5by9b.html

Wane there too, according to new reports. Absolutely no way he can stay in charge if true. 

So sack him for getting verbally abused by an absolute tool with a cob on who possesses an ego that is way above his limited ability,yeah ok.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Failing to control his players and bringing the game into disrepute. Not a chance he survives that. It’s a PR disaster (though we’re tiny so it might not create the story it could do). 

Mate we get you hate England but please stop going overboard on them until you have some facts.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

Mate we get you hate England but please stop going overboard on them until you have some facts.

It’s anything Wigan related he hates,it’s an obsession that has resulted in multiple bans,and why he’s on his third username on this forum.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Bentley, prat he is, rails against not being picked for the England team by abusing the guy that selects the England team and given his recent contract extension, will be doing so for the foreseeable. 

The only misfortune of the scenario is that we didn't get the video evidence to enjoy (Radley nutting him, that is). 

The prat, who likes to think himself a hard man, then goes crying to the Samoans in the hope of sympathy when in reality they probably asked who he was, assuming he was a disgruntled fan

Edited by Hughsehhh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

It’s anything Wigan related he hates,it’s an obsession that has resulted in multiple bans,and why he’s on his third username on this forum.

He’s repeatedly said how he washed his hands of England and the RFL after the 2013 WC. He can’t stop himself from constantly chipping away.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

If true, by far the saddest thing about this is professional sportsmen knocking on there opponents door and running away after a loss.  

Yes, the etiquette is to only do it after a win. Otherwise you just look a bit silly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

If true, by far the saddest thing about this is professional sportsmen knocking on there opponents door and running away after a loss.  

It’s ridiculous, like a fifth year school trip when everyone was lashed on Thunderbirds or Mad Dog 20/20. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Bentley, prat he is, rails against not being picked for the England team by abusing the guy that selects the England team and given his recent contract extension, will be doing so for the foreseeable. 

The only misfortune of the scenario is that we didn't get the video evidence to enjoy (Radley nutting him, that is). 

The prat, who likes to think himself a hard man, then goes crying to the Samoans in the hope of sympathy when in reality they probably asked who he was, assuming he was a disgruntled fan

Yeap I don’t think anyone would disagree that Bentley is as thick as a harbour wall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I struggle to get my head around the fact that James Bentley seems to think he is good enough to get in the England team! Delusions of grandeur doesn't even begin to cover it!

I struggle to get my head around the claim on here that James Bentley might have mates!

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I struggle to get my head around the claim on here that James Bentley might have mates!

I'm still struggling to get my head around the claim that Bentley thinks he is England material

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jughead said:

There isn’t anything there to suggest that the RLWC/England had anything to do with the “double booking” and that most England players had moved on, with a few (maybe the Australian based players) staying on. 

Bentley will have played with the Saints and Leeds contingents of the England squad and can’t really be blamed for going out with mates/teammates if it’s not the England hotel any longer. He can be blamed for getting into an altercation and he’s an idiot for doing that (as is Radley). 

The other two England players fighting as well deserve naming, as all the flak is going to go to Bentley and Radley, when two others are equally as mindless and stupid. 

Knocking on peoples doors is just childish. 

I would imagine the hope/expectation was England would be staying on and rooms might have been booked on that basis or for the other finalist to use. It says most of England team had gone but some had chosen to stay on.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Bentley was allegedly the instigator of the fight, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. The report claims Bentley had been abusing England coach Shaun Wane when Radley intervened to protect him. He alleged headbutted Bentley who required stitches.

We all know that Bentley is a grub

A bit of a yobbish undercurrent to the English League setup I find.

Whatever way you slice this, it looks ugly. Thuggish behaviour from players from 2 British Isles sides dragging down the image of the sport in England, and of the tournament as a whole.

The Optics on it really are not good.

• Haha 1