Embarrassing news for England

33 minutes ago, jacksy said:

It was supposed to be when he was coach of Newcastle circa 1995. So, Mal would have been around 50ish. 

However, he was well known to be very fit and strong even at that age.

Even at that age he was ultra competitive in the gym up against the players. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jughead said:

Advocating violence. Evening Mrs Wane. 

Nope - bit of a daft comment. If a known nutter launches at someone do you really expecting reaction.

KB pushed it - we still don’t know what he was doing there - and got what he deserved, not an opinion just a fact. 

5 minutes ago, Pie tries said:

Nope - bit of a daft comment. If a known nutter launches at someone do you really expecting reaction.

KB pushed it - we still don’t know what he was doing there - and got what he deserved, not an opinion just a fact. 

It’s very much an opinion that “he got what he deserved”, whoever KB is. 

5 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

It's quite a well known tale and is allegedly the inspiration for the line in Eton Rifles "all that rugby puts hairs on your chest".

As an aside, Weller must like a bit of a scrap as he's recently been saying he wants to chin Robert Smith from The Cure. 

So I say the 78 Aussies were innocent. 

At least Weller is a bit more sensible now.

If you had to pick one out of the two to try and "chin", who would you pick? Robert Smith in 2022 or Les Boyd in 1978.

Edited by Stuff Smith
  • Haha 1

I’ve never heard the Mal Reilly / Harragon story. I’d read that Mal got into it with another Newcastle prop in Mark Sargeant when Sargeant wasn’t featuring in first grade.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

8 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Awesome. 

Looking forward to some big deals being signed by England RL on the back of this. 

Form an orderly queue....

👍🏽

You would be surprised , also have you ever read any retired players books?! There are several stories from being on tour, there is no such thing as bad press 

7 hours ago, Dunbar said:

This really is bizzare.  I genuinely can't believe I didn't know about this. 

Obviously Rugby League is my favourite sport and if I had to nail my colours to the mast on a favourite band, after lots of umming and ahing, I would choose The Jam.

To not know they clashed (pardon the pun) in such a way is weird.

Did everyone else on here know about this?

Bruce Foxton take of the Barroom Blitz.

https://thegamethatgotaway.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/remembering-when-the-kangaroo-tourists-crossed-swords-with-the-jam/