Old Trafford

Eddie

There with the wife and kids..  less excited than I was but sure that will change in the coming days. 

Drive over park nearish the ground.. bit of a wonder and in for the women's game (daughter is excited by that as she has just started playing Rugby).. Will see what there is around the ground in terms of fan parks etc as not sure, hope there is something going on. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Who’s going then, what’s your plan and where are you sitting?

I’m in the East Stand; a few pints in town with some pals early afternoon, tram over there and into the ground to see Samoa win the World Cup - can’t wait. 

forgot to add on mine, we are in the West stand (whatever that is really called)

Hope the trams are running normally for those going. At present there is nothing going from Piccadilly towards Old Trafford. You need to go to Market Street, St Peter's Square or Deansgate. 

You can get a tram from Piccadilly Station to Market Street and change there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A coachload coming from Chester Gladiators with friends and family. I'll be going to both games and shouting for NZ women and Samoa men.

I'll also go to the Wheelchair Final on Friday - and as both teams beat the Wales Wheelchair team I'll definitely be neutral!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Who’s going then, what’s your plan and where are you sitting?

I’m in the East Stand; a few pints in town with some pals early afternoon, tram over there and into the ground to see Samoa win the World Cup - can’t wait. 

I hope Samoa win but not holding my breath .....not going but would have for England I think 

I'm sure you've been before but the beer options stink....warm plastic bottles of 3.6% Carslberg....I drank myself sober there on them last time I went 

Eat before you get in and couple of hip flasks of decent brandy is the way forward 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I hope Samoa win but not holding my breath .....not going but would have for England I think 

I'm sure you've been before but the beer options stink....warm plastic bottles of 3.6% Carslberg....I drank myself sober there on them last time I went 

Eat before you get in and couple of hip flasks of decent brandy is the way forward 

Last time I was there (Saints v Catalans final) they wouldn’t let people drink in their seats anyway, not sure why as I’ve never been told that there before, but at least it meant we imbibed less of the gnats ###### which you’ve described above. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Last time I was there (Saints v Catalans final) they wouldn’t let people drink in their seats anyway, not sure why as I’ve never been told that there before, but at least it meant we imbibed less of the gnats ###### which you’ve described above. 

They didn’t seem to be stopping people taking beer to their seats at the Grand Final this year.

North Stand safe standing section for us. Pre match beers down Deansgate and fight for a tram presumably.

Very much less enthused once England were knocked out - far more so than in 2000 and 2013 put together tbh - but I’m sure it’ll be a good day

Stretford End, Tier 2. First time at OT for an RL game - was last there about 20 years ago for a Champions League match.

Four of us - my mate and our sons - driving up that morning from Surrey via Herts and staying over in the city centre. Not sure we'll see much of the women's final, but just really looking forward to the whole weekend. Up the Samoa!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They didn’t seem to be stopping people taking beer to their seats at the Grand Final this year.

They change this policy on a regular basis. One year you can, the next you can’t. Even the stewards don’t understand the constant switching.

• Like 1

North Stand, looks like levelish with the halfway line.

Not sure how we're getting there but I'm not the one driving.

Driving up from my parents in Oxfordshire to hopefully be there for the start of the women's game.

We'll stick around for the men's match for as long as it's close.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

West Stand Lower tier, shall be there for the women's game as expect that to be the closer of the two.

Driving in because the booze quality is awful at OT. 

Also going to the Wheelchair final Friday night.

• Like 1

East Stand (Stretford End - somewhere that, as a City fan in the 60's would have filled me with dread), Tier 2.

Train from Huddersfield then some sort of public transport depending upon the state of the trams etc.

Hoping for either side to beat the Aussies but especially hoping for a close game in the men's match.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I was at the Catalans game...no one stopped us...probably dependwd on the steward in question  

Anyway you could at this year's final.l so I assume soccer has caught up with RL now

25 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

East Stand (Stretford End - somewhere that, as a City fan in the 60's would have filled me with dread), Tier 2.

Train from Huddersfield then some sort of public transport depending upon the state of the trams etc.

Hoping for either side to beat the Aussies but especially hoping for a close game in the men's match.

The Stretford End is the west stand mate, so you’ll be ok 👌 

• Haha 1