1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 13:45

Surprise surprise, the Australian players raise their game for the Big One.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Why can’t teams lift for Australia like they do against England?

Because Australia are better than England.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Has Hufaga even touched the ball yet?

Apart from shooting out of the line, nothing so far.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Because Australia are better than England.

One example of that is that OZ is making most of their yards up their left side against Hall and Hufaga whereas those 2 were just running wild against the other teams.

Edited by Farmduck
changed right to left.
  • Like 1

The in-goals without strips of grass look shabby.

These English soccer grounds are limiting and dangerous - particularly for Antipodean players more used to rugby-intended facilities.

Hope no players injure themselves jumping into the in-goal drop-offs for bat-backs or put-downs.

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Why did the Kiwis take a play the ball from the penalty kick to touch, instead of a tap? Are the rules in the women’s game different?

Aussie player touched the kick.  

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

About time we saw some aggression from the Ferns in defence 

Followed by passivity. 

• Like 1

The Jillaroos aren't just better players, but their mentality is totally ruthless too.

20:0 at HT

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

I hope the men’s final isn’t going to be this one sided, otherwise it’s going to be a disappointing end to the tournament and just give the Aussies an excuse to continue to pay lip service to the international game

It's been a very poor tournament in terms of the number of competitive, exciting games. Off the top of my head I'd say there have been 5 or 6 really entertaining games, a couple of decent ones, and dozens of absolute snoozefests.

9 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

The in-goals without strips of grass look shabby.

These English soccer grounds are limiting and dangerous - particularly for Antipodean players more used to rugby-intended facilities.

Hope no players injure themselves jumping into the in-goal drop-offs for bat-backs or put-downs.

And yet somehow we have managed to play premiership finals, grand finals and even test matches against Australia going back to the 1980s without it being a problem.

14 minutes ago, Leonard said:

England did well to avoid the final.

They have progressed - but Australia are a couple of levels above.

I think it would've been the best case scenario for England to reach the final, i.e no one would have expected them to beat Oz either way. I'd still rather they were here and get pumped by the aussies. Would still show some progress by beating the ferns.