England v France Double Header in Warrington - mid-season 2023

Well, I can certainly see why they're taking it to place where they failed to sell many tickets for England's last outing there, and recently got a load of other disappointing World Cup attendances. It all makes perfect sense! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Great we’re playing France and not some made up all stars at last.

Should be at Hull if we’re trying to make it a double-header event. Big stadium who missed out on an England game and push to all those who saw England in other big stadiums at the World Cup.

Also, play an EngvFra wheelchair test at Bonus Arena on the Friday with PDRL test at Hull KR on the Sunday. Sorted.

• Like 1

Just now, theswanmcr said:

Should be at Hull if we’re trying to make it a double-header event. Big stadium who missed out on an England game and push to all those who saw England in other big stadiums at the World Cup.

Also, play an EngvFra wheelchair test at Bonus Arena on the Friday with PDRL test at Hull KR on the Sunday. Sorted.

Why do we need to keep four events in one city over one weekend? 

England have just played in front of approximately 100,000 in London, Newcastle and Sheffield, three cities without major Rugby League presence, the wheelchair team has had attendances in London that broke record after record and the womens team have had attendances of 7,139 and 8,261 in standalone womens events in York and Leeds respectively.

We’ve had some really good attendances for England sides, I’m not sure we needed to stack events in one place and after this tournament, look like being in a position where all sides are worthy of their games being standalone events rather than being undercard’s for other sides. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Hull doesn’t deserve an international fixture after the abysmal WC crowds 

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Why do we need to keep four events in one city over one weekend? 

England have just played in front of approximately 100,000 in London, Newcastle and Sheffield, three cities without major Rugby League presence, the wheelchair team has had attendances in London that broke record after record and the womens team have had attendances of 7,139 and 8,261 in standalone womens events in York and Leeds respectively.

We’ve had some really good attendances for England sides, I’m not sure we needed to stack events in one place and after this tournament, look like being in a position where all sides are worthy of their games being standalone events rather than being undercard’s for other sides. 

No we absolutely don’t have to have them in one place all together.

Throwing out there as a way of creating an event weekend that is more ambitious in terms of capacity, quality of stadium and a set-up that might work and be an easy sell for BBC and live coverage.

Would just like to see more ambition in some form than Warrington.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Hull had terrible crowds at the World Cup, and, again, isn't great for a one-off as not central if we're staying in the "heartlands" for it.

Hull don't deserve it.

34 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

I'd like the Copperbox for the wheelchair.

In terms of size and look it is immense.

3 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

No we absolutely don’t have to have them in one place all together.

Throwing out there as a way of creating an event weekend that is more ambitious in terms of capacity, quality of stadium and a set-up that might work and be an easy sell for BBC and live coverage.

Would just like to see more ambition in some form than Warrington.

Is Hull really more ambitious? Arguably, it’s selling more to the same people, much like most events The RFL are behind. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

April is much earlier than I expected. Could there be a second England game next summer?

So it doesn't conflict with the Bash and Toulouse playing......

Even though it's a double header it might be better if they marketed them as two separate events.

Instead of advertising a double header they should promote each game individually because, although there is some cross over of fans, there will also be people who are just interested in watching the women's game and same for the men.

My wife has no interest in the men's game but if I tell her the women are playing she'll probably want to go without me even mentioning it's a double header

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

April is much earlier than I expected. Could there be a second England game next summer?

Hopefully Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Jamaica get to play that weekend too. 

Could even arrange women's and wheelchair internationals for several nations too

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theswanmcr said:

Hull have just attracted 7,100 to New Zealand v Fiji in a WC QF, if anything that should rule it out if ever hosting another England game. 

• Like 1