Bentley to the NRL!

Bentley since Rohan Smith took over ar leeds was outstanding and a big part in getting them to the GF, he was great against Catalan has he just stayed on the right side of aggression and in the process made s few Cats players lose their heads.

Hes a good player if (big if) he keeps his discipline in check 

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 5

It wouldn’t have surprised me if he was touting himself to NRL clubs when he was looking to leave Saints, as he was in great form up to his injury. He come back from injury once the move to Leeds was finalised and got sin-binned a couple of times and gave a lot of penalties away and then started his Leeds career with a decapitation attempt on debut and then got a few more bans. He was probably Leeds’ best player in the Wigan semi-final win. 

He could do relatively well in Australia. He’d need to sort his discipline out first and I can see why some would be put off signing him. 

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It wouldn’t have surprised me if he was touting himself to NRL clubs when he was looking to leave Saints, as he was in great form up to his injury. He come back from injury once the move to Leeds was finalised and got sin-binned a couple of times and gave a lot of penalties away and then started his Leeds career with a decapitation attempt on debut and then got a few more bans. He was probably Leeds’ best player in the Wigan semi-final win. 

He could do relatively well in Australia. He’d need to sort his discipline out first and I can see why some would be put off signing him. 

I could be wrong but bar the petulant knocking the ball out of a Saints players hands I don’t think he got a card since Smith came in, it was like s new signing, I think he made 70+ tackles in one game.

Hes a better player  than is been made out on here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I could be wrong but bar the petulant knocking the ball out of a Saints players hands I don’t think he got a card since Smith came in, it was like s new signing, I think he made 70+ tackles in one game.

Hes a better player  than is been made out on here.

Bentley has the potential to be a cracking player. But he’s an idiot who has very little self control. All the talent but little common sense and intelligence. He needs a fundamental change in his behaviour and attitude to reach his undoubted potential.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Bentley has the potential to be a cracking player. But he’s an idiot who has very little self control. All the talent but little common sense and intelligence. He needs a fundamental change in his behaviour and attitude to reach his undoubted potential.

I agree, and Smith seems to be getting him to use his aggression in the correct way, lets see how he gets on next year!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

Isn't there anywhere you know, farther away.

First manned mission to Mars?

Apparently it is accepted it will be a one way ticket.

To be fair he is a very good player on his day, its his attitude that let's him down at times. You don't play for top SL teams unless you can play.

If the Aussies think Bateman is the best in the world in his position Bentley could go ok in Oz as he's as good a player as Bateman.  He may even grow up if he had to go to the other side of the world.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Bentley since Rohan Smith took over ar leeds was outstanding and a big part in getting them to the GF, he was great against Catalan has he just stayed on the right side of aggression and in the process made s few Cats players lose their heads.

Hes a good player if (big if) he keeps his discipline in check 

He was immense at Wigan in the semi final. His cardio must be out of this world as it seemed he outran and out efforted everyone on the pitch .....made so many repeat tackles across whole game...that line for his second try was amazing too

Leeds would do wise to hang on to him despite the scoffs from other club's fans about his discipline 

Not popular to say it but I'm a real fan of Bentley

12 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair he is a very good player on his day, its his attitude that let's him down at times. You don't play for top SL teams unless you can play.

If the Aussies think Bateman is the best in the world in his position Bentley could go ok in Oz as he's as good a player as Bateman.  He may even grow up if he had to go to the other side of the world.

Aussies don't surely think Bateman is the best back rower in the game??