FIFA World Cup 2022 sweep..anyone?!?!

Do we actually have 32 people on here with sufficient interest to want to take part?

I'm happy to do the entirely fair and not fixed draw and will have a think about a possible prize for the winner if I can get to any charity shops before too long.*

Just let me know by Sunday folks or don't bother replying and I'll quickly forget about it.

Thanks.

Edit : *Prize on offer now is a new hardback version of Rob Burrows book that I've just ordered from Amazon.

Edit II : I'll look around for other RL books of interest in case the potential winner already has Rob's wonderful book.

Edited by Old Frightful
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Pretty slow on the uptake, thanks for those who have shown interest up to now.

I'll send a new hardback copy of Rob Burrow's book "Too many reasons to live" as the prize for the winner of the sweep if we manage to get 32 people interested.

It's free to join in!!!

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I'll send a new hardback copy of Rob Burrow's book "Too many reasons to live" as the prize for the winner of the sweep if we manage to get 32 people interested.

It's free to join in!!!

If we get two more we can have 4 goes each. 

• Haha 1

On 18/11/2022 at 10:22, Old Frightful said:

It's free to join in!!!

As a Hull lad who was at the first post WW2 match celebrating the opening of the Boothferry Park ground in back in 1946 it will be a pleasure to take part.

I've already got a copy of that book but chuck in a washing machine and I'll take part cos mines on its way out. Don't be rigging the draw so I don't win the washing machine though OF, I know your game! 

And don't get it from that dodgy place down Newland Ave where I'm sure all their products are stolen and that always has a couple of Eastern Europeans stood outside smoking and looking at people menacingly. I mean, what do they think I'm up to? I'm only going to that Oxfam down there that has a good book section, I'm not the fuzz! 

So we now have just over a quarter of the places filled :

My good self. bobbruce, Gerrumonside ref. hindle xiii, MattSantos, DavidM, Hopie, George Watt and The Hallucinating Goose.

Hopefully, if the link is allowed to stay on the general forum and I bump it up once or twice we may get a few more before the first game. Mind you, as it's a lottery, I think we can allow latecomers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've already got a copy of that book but chuck in a washing machine and I'll take part cos mines on its way out.

Yes, I did wonder how many folk might already have it so I'll try and think of other books to offer so there's a choice for the winner, if this ever gets off the bloody ground, obviously.

If you win I'll see if they do gift vouchers for Newland Launderette.

30 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Yes, I did wonder how many folk might already have it so I'll try and think of other books to offer so there's a choice for the winner, if this ever gets off the bloody ground, obviously.

Launderette? You must be from the posh part of Willerby OF. It’s a coin op where I come from. Put my name in your top hat.

6 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Launderette? You must be from the posh part of Willerby OF. It’s a coin op where I come from. Put my name in your top hat.

😆 Hardly mate, it is the actual name of the shop though.

Will do, thanks.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Do you really think I wash my feathers? Christ, I'd stick out like a sore thumb down my way if I washed the smell of scumbaggery off myself! 

So now we have :

My good self. bobbruce, Gerrumonside ref. hindle xiii, MattSantos, DavidM, Hopie, George Watt, The Hallucinating Goose and Gomersall.

Ten down, 22 to go....

15 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I was on the point of joining.....then FIFA contacted me to say the Qatar authorities had just outlawed gambolling....and gambling.....

I don't care, including you means we're over a third the way to our desired total.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Seen as you need more, my alter ego could join in. 

Is that you Parksider/Jbd?

Me, me, me 👍🏼 

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!