FIFA World Cup 2022 sweep..anyone?!?!

We've struggled up to 13 now :

My good self. bobbruce, Gerrumonside ref. hindle xiii, MattSantos, DavidM, Hopie, George Watt, The Hallucinating Goose, Gomersall, John M, Maximus Decimus and Roy Boy.

I'll bump up the link on the general forum again but unless we get another 19 I think it'll have to be abandoned before it even starts!

I'll send some PMs out.

(He said, rather desperately!)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

A last day rush sees us up to 17 now :

My good self. bobbruce, Gerrumonside ref. hindle xiii, MattSantos, DavidM, Hopie, George Watt, The Hallucinating Goose, Gomersall, John M, Maximus Decimus, Roy Boy, Tommygilf, Rage, Mumby Magic and Ullman.

I haven't bothered asking Ullman but I know he'll be up for it because it's free.

• Haha 2

I’ll have a go please 😁

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Yes please

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Now up to 23 thanks to an impressive marketing ploy!

My good self. bobbruce, Gerrumonside ref. hindle xiii, MattSantos, DavidM, Hopie, George Watt, The Hallucinating Goose, Gomersall, John M, Maximus Decimus, Roy Boy, Tommygilf, Rage, Mumby Magic, Ullman, HKR Away Days, HawkMan, amm, Native New Yorker, Just Browny and The Masked Poster (Who's comment probably sums up most of the entrants I imagine!)

Thanks to all who've signed up, if anyone can get others on here involved to try and fill the last 9 that would be top, thanks.

At this stage I think any remaining spaces should be awarded to the first nine who signed up, so they get two for being early birds. Obviously if any newbies turn up before kick off it will be less than nine and I also think it should include Old Frightful as numero uno.

Good luck everyone 

Edited by amm
  • Thanks 1

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

24 minutes ago, amm said:

At this stage I think any remaining spaces should be awarded to the first nine who signed up, so they get two for being early birds. Obviously if any newbies turn up before kick off it will be less than nine and I also think it should include Old Frightful as numero uno.

Good luck everyone 

Sounds like a plan, @Old Frightful

2 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

Just add another few random posters.

Although amm's idea is a very good one, I think I'll go with hindle xiii's suggestion and add posters that I've met from here and know that they're good sorts and won't mind.

So :

Harry Stottle, Dave T, Jim Prendle, Kenilworth Tiger, Jill Halfpenny Fan, Lowedesert and tonyXIII.

Edited by Old Frightful
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the full list of entrants is :

Old Frightful, bobbruce, Gerrumonside ref. hindle xiii, MattSantos, DavidM, Hopie, George Watt, The Hallucinating Goose, Gomersall, John M, Maximus Decimus, Roy Boy, Tommygilf, Rage, Mumby Magic, Ullman, HKR Away Days, HawkMan, amm, Native New Yorker, Just Browny, The Masked Poster, RoyBoy295, Harry Stottle, Dave T, Jim Prendle, Kenilworth Tiger, Jill Halfpenny Fan, Lowedesert, tonyXIII and ckn.

Edited as ckn wants in and I ain't going to argue with him.

I'll get my lad to do the draw when he comes back from taking his chick to the flicks although Gerumonsideref looks already to be getting paired with Qatar...

Will be back later.

Edited by Old Frightful
  • Haha 1

On 19/11/2022 at 07:00, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've already got a copy of that book but chuck in a washing machine and I'll take part cos mines on its way out. Don't be rigging the draw so I don't win the washing machine though OF, I know your game! 

And don't get it from that dodgy place down Newland Ave where I'm sure all their products are stolen and that always has a couple of Eastern Europeans stood outside smoking and looking at people menacingly. I mean, what do they think I'm up to? I'm only going to that Oxfam down there that has a good book section, I'm not the fuzz! 

While we're on the subject of Newland Ave and FIFA World Cups, I wonder if Dave Rotheray is doing this again:

Why Hull bar owners flew 2,700 miles to Senegal to buy supermarket beer

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

12 minutes ago, Ullman said:

While we're on the subject of Newland Ave and FIFA World Cups, I wonder if Dave Rotheray is doing this again:

Why Hull bar owners flew 2,700 miles to Senegal to buy supermarket beer

Haha...fantastic!

First time I've read about that, must be nice to be able to spend a little time involving yourself in that type of pursuit.

Wonder where he made his money...