FIFA World Cup 2022 sweep..anyone?!?!

Anyway, those kind folk at Amazon delivered "Too many reasons to live" this morning so I'll probably just leave it in their packaging ready to forward it on.

I'll also try and find time to visit a few charity bookshops to see what RL related gems I can find in an effort to reward the other three semi finalists. If I can find Clive Sullivan's "A hard road to the top", that's a fantastic book to read.

Watch this space.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

11 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Haha...fantastic!

First time I've read about that, must be nice to be able to spend a little time involving yourself in that type of pursuit.

Wonder where he made his money...

It could have been Rotterdam or anywhere.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

19 minutes ago, Ullman said:

It could have been Rotterdam or anywhere.

😀 I'm guessing from that excellent quip that you picked up on my reference, I would have been disappointed had you not...

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

😀 I'm guessing from that excellent quip that you picked up on my reference, I would have been disappointed had you not...

Oh yes, nice and subtle as it was 👍

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I hope I don’t get Qatar and their goalie!

I've had it for weeks since my mrs generously shared her cold germs.

• Haha 1

Could just do 31 and leave out Qatar.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Ladies and Gentleman...the draw :

Old Frightful - Saudi Arabia,   bobbruce - Morocco,   Gerrumonside ref - Senegal,   hindle xiii - South Korea,

MattSantos - Canada,   DavidM - Brazil,   Hopie - Uruguay,   George Watt - Japan,   

The Hallucinating Goose - Portugal,   Gomersall - Argentina,   John M - Ghana,   Maximus Decimus - Belgium,   

Roy Boy - Croatia,   Tommygilf - Spain,   Rage - Australia,   Mumby Magic - France,   Ullman - Tunisia,

HKR Away Days - Wales,   HawkMan - Mexico,   amm - Poland,   Native New Yorker - Costa Rica,

Just Browny - Switzerland,   The Masked Poster - Qatar,   RoyBoy295 - USA,   Harry Stottle - England, 

Dave T - Netherlands,   Jim Prendle - Cameroon,   Kenilworth Tiger - Denmark,   Jill Halfpenny Fan - Serbia,

Lowedesert - Germany,   tonyXIII - Ecuador and   ckn - Iran.

That concludes the draw and I can confirm no bits of folded paper were either heated up or put in the freezer immediately prior to it taking place.

Some interesting pairings there, Ullman gets the hot favourites...that is the team that favours being hot, and Just Browny, the single most impartial poster on the General RL Forum gets Switzerland.

Uncanny.

Edited by Old Frightful
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Ladies and Gentleman...the draw :

Old Frightful - Saudi Arabia,   bobbruce - Morocco,   Gerrumonside ref - Senegal,   hindle xiii - South Korea,

MattSantos - Canada,   DavidM - Brazil,   Hopie - Uruguay,   George Watt - Japan,   

The Hallucinating Goose - Portugal,   Gomersall - Argentina,   John M - Ghana,   Maximus Decimus - Belgium,   

Roy Boy - Croatia,   Tommygilf - Spain,   Rage - Australia,   Mumby Magic - France,   Ullman - Tunisia,

HKR Away Days - Wales,   HawkMan - Mexico,   amm - Poland,   Native New Yorker - Costa Rica,

Just Browny - Switzerland,   The Masked Poster - Qatar,   RoyBoy295 - USA,   Harry Stottle - England, 

Dave T - Netherlands,   Jim Prendle - Cameroon,   Kenilworth Tiger - Denmark,   Jill Halfpenny Fan - Serbia,

Lowedesert - Germany,   tonyXIII - Ecuador and   ckn - Iran.

That concludes the draw and I can confirm no bits of folded paper were either heated up or put in the freezer immediately prior to it taking place.

Some interesting pairings there, Ullman gets the hot favourites...that is the team that favours being hot, and Just Browny, the single most impartial poster on the General RL Forum gets Switzerland.

Uncanny.

Nice one and thanks for organising.

My indomitable lions 🦁 will look forward to adding to being the champions of Africa by conquering the world.

Even without the ‘Mane’ man up front!

So I’m up against Old Frightful - Saudi Arabia, bobbruce - Mexico, and Gomersall - Argentina

C’mon Poland !!

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

6 hours ago, amm said:

So I’m up against Old Frightful

You'll need a shower after a dream like that! 😍

I see my cunning plan to avoid claims of "CHEAT!!!" worked by drawing those World Cup giants Saudi Arabia.

Seeing as very few seem genuinely interested in the Girlyball comp, can I suggest we use the same draw but transfer it to some sort of camel racing World Cup?

I was just wondering...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

You'll need a shower after a dream like that! 😍

I see my cunning plan to avoid claims of "CHEAT!!!" worked by drawing those World Cup giants Saudi Arabia.

Seeing as very few seem genuinely interested in the Girlyball comp, can I suggest we use the same draw but transfer it to some sort of camel racing World Cup?

I was just wondering...

I'm in! I'm backing Humpy McTwohumps! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

@Harry Stottle you happy with your draw?

Curiosity made me look, to tell you the truth I have been away in 99% RADIO SILENCE and only returned late Friday Night, then spent the next day feeling sorry, Mrs 'n me caught a bad virus and was still suffering, only had the briefest glances and answered a couple of posts on here.

But, thanks @Old Frightful for including me, hope to meet up again this season.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I believe you have been given England in the Sweepstake

Well after today they will be the best team on the planet I bet, I should imagine the media, experts, and fans (some) will elevate this national team, players and manager (coach) just as highly and will bum them up just like hey did with the other England team after it's first match 5 weeks ago!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

You don’t need to do anything as it’s free entry.

The prize is RL related.

I suspect you will hear via the media whether England have won! 😃

Actually I watched it Reffy, nodded off for a while but made the effort nonetheless.

PS what are my chances?

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Haha 1