FIFA World Cup 2022 sweep..anyone?!?!

On 20/11/2022 at 08:55, Old Frightful said:

A last day rush sees us up to 17 now :

My good self. bobbruce, Gerrumonside ref. hindle xiii, MattSantos, DavidM, Hopie, George Watt, The Hallucinating Goose, Gomersall, John M, Maximus Decimus, Roy Boy, Tommygilf, Rage, Mumby Magic and Ullman.

I haven't bothered asking Ullman but I know he'll be up for it because it's free.

Free? Ullman invoiced me for a fiver! He said he was your right hand man and was looking after the money side of things. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Free? Ullman invoiced me for a fiver! He said he was your right hand man and was looking after the money side of things. 

Financially, I wouldn't trust him in a game of shove halfpenny...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Play nice. He speaks highly of you.

We go back rather a long way, he knows anything I say he can take in jest...the greedy bleeder...

• Haha 1

Today sees the following clashes :

Just Browny v Jim Prendle

Hopie v hindle xiii

The Hallucinating Goose v John M

David M v Jill Halfpenny Fan

@Jim Prendle's lot fail to find any holes in the Swiss defence and the cuckoo-clock wielding hordes go absolutely Emmental.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Halloocy Goosey looking good up to now v John M's lot.

On 23/11/2022 at 19:07, Old Frightful said:

Financially, I wouldn't trust him in a game of shove halfpenny...

Used to enjoy that.

Did we ever find out who nicked the ha'penny?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

And on to today's fixtures :

HKR Away Days v ckn

The Masked Poster v Gerrumonside ref

Dave T v tonyXIII

Harry Stottle v RoyBoy295

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No problem, and I would even take on Roy at Dominoes I saw him perform at that in Leigh Miners😉

Different RoyBoy mate, the one you saw has drawn Croatia.

• Thanks 1

So, no fixtures posted today 

currently watching my team Poland v Saudi Arabia 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

32 minutes ago, amm said:

So, no fixtures posted today 

currently watching my team Poland v Saudi Arabia 

Profuse apologies, been dragged kicking and screaming in to do some work today and forgot about the important things in life!, how are the mighty camels going?

Somewhat belatedly :

Ullman 0 v 1 Rage

amm v Old Frightful (Currently 1-0 😞 )

Mumby Magic v Kenilworth Tiger

Gomersall v HawkMan

• Like 1