Trouble down in Llanelli?

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

That time of the off season where we speculate if non-heartland teams will be around, already? Soon be Christmas. 

Genuinely fearful for them mate. Either that or they’ve failed to learn their lessons from previous years.

Skolars, Hurricanes, Cornwall and Crusaders are already miles ahead of them in terms of season preparation. 

1 minute ago, welshmagpie said:

Genuinely fearful for them mate. Either that or they’ve failed to learn their lessons from previous years.

Skolars, Hurricanes, Cornwall and Crusaders are already miles ahead of them in terms of season preparation. 

Last year it was “Will Cornwall make their first game?”, this year appears to be West Wales’ turn. 

They’re notoriously bad at social media. Unless there’s actual reports coming out from that club, it’s their usual incompetence. 

11 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

The only League One club to not post a fixtures graphic. No resignings, no new signings. Most recent tweets only serve to promote things mostly unrelated to their own team.

Wont make the start line in 2023 in my opinion. 

I’m fairly sure it was the same speculation with WW before last season? 

• Like 2

This time last year they still had Ben Flower on the coaching staff and it wasn't until the first week in December that they announced their first signing,Joe Burke.

They may start the season - is there another Welsh club that could step in and complete their fixtures;should they fail to finish?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

This time last year they still had Ben Flower on the coaching staff and it wasn't until the first week in December that they announced their first signing,Joe Burke.

They may start the season - is there another Welsh club that could step in and complete their fixtures;should they fail to finish?

League One would likely just run with ten teams instead of eleven if any club dropped out, not that there is even any rumours that any will. 

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

League One would likely just run with ten teams instead of eleven if any club dropped out, not that there is even any rumours that any will. 

That would be a total disaster

2 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Did they ship three figures last season Eddie? 

Yes! Oh, no, I remember now, that was York. 🙂

• Haha 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 17/11/2022 at 19:33, welshmagpie said:

The only League One club to not post a fixtures graphic. No resignings, no new signings. Most recent tweets only serve to promote things mostly unrelated to their own team.

Wont make the start line in 2023 in my opinion. 

Same as it ever was. Poor preparation in the close season, get hammered a few times, tell everyone they've learned lessons and will improve. Rinse and repeat. 

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

I thought Oldham did, and possibly Swinton, or maybe that was the year before. Regardless, they’re not competitive at that level as you know. 

I wouldn’t disagree. I just don’t like to see any club go to the wall. If they are financially stable and fulfilling their fixtures then I’m OK with it at L1 level. Obviously if they can’t do one or both of those things then it’s a different story.

• Like 2

I expect them to keep going provided costs are being managed, which I assume they are given they are little more than an amateur team. The club holds RFL membership and that is a potentially valuable asset given the IMG proposals - much like Cornwall buying the MK licence.

• Like 1

Cornwall have the Ottawa licence that was the Hemel Stags Licence.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no-helmets-required/2021/nov/11/rugby-league-club-hertfordshire-canada-cornwall-hemel-stags-ottawa

Cornwall,unlike West Wales Raiders,have announced fixtures.Season Tickets.They are also holding,today,a player trial.

They have got things moving.They even manage to inform supporters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This time, last year,no head coach appointed and the assistant coaches were leaving,or had left.

This year,head coach banned for 4 months from January.

Club in crisis?

No information appears forthcoming from the club.Anyone heard anything to contradict the seemingly prescient OP?