Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

Is there some sort of gagging order from Derek Beaumont for this forum? It's off season and not much happening. Why can't we discuss/laugh/have fun/praise Leighs rebrand without it being locked.

All very very bizarre. 

Shall we talk more about attendances??

Anyway.....

The latest design hot off the press. No doubt this will be locked soon enough. 

Remember kids. 100% serious is Rugby League. Nothing to smile about. 

The 3rd and final home shirt......

rugby-vector-jersey-front-back-side-views-fully-editable-handmade-mesh-illustration-73999874.jpg

Edited by Tim Streets tache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

I'd imagine the threads get locked because every one of them descends into petty squabbling within a couple of pages. This will likely go the same way.

Exactly that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It is bizarre.

The kit thread got locked because Gubrats took personal offence for some reason and started reporting everyone.

This thread will be locked shortly.

The kit thread got locked because it was Thursday evening, we're on deadline with the latest issue of Rugby League World and I didn't have the time or patience to edit out all the off-topic drivel that had dragged it off topic.

It'll reopen when I have the time to do just that.

Ok with you?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

so what's the point?

Cos this whole Leigh rebrand is entertaining and very, very funny?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

9 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Is there some sort of gagging order from Derek for this forum? It's off season and not much happening. Why can't we discuss/laugh/have fun/praise Leighs rebrand without it being locked.

All very very bizarre. 

Shall we talk more about attendances??

Anyway.....

The latest design hot off the press. No doubt this will be locked soon enough. 

Remember kids. 100% serious is Rugby League. Nothing to smile about. 

You've answered your own question.

It's not a 'discussion', is it.

I'm fed up of dealing with the avalanche of reported posts this subject results in every time it rears its head on here. It descends into a slanging match every time.

It has been 'discussed'. Over and over again, and it always goes the same way, so what's the point?

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Some people don't know where to draw the line.

A bit like the designers who did the rebrand then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

12 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The kit thread got locked because it was Thursday evening, we're on deadline with the latest issue of Rugby League World and I didn't have the time or patience to edit out all the off-topic drivel that had dragged it off topic.

It'll reopen when I have the time to do just that.

Ok with you?

You have my blessing John 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You've answered your own question.

It's not a 'discussion', is it.

I'm fed up of dealing with the avalanche of reported posts this subject results in every time it rears its head on here. It descends into a slanging match every time.

It has been 'discussed'. Over and over again, and it always goes the same way, so what's the point?

In fairness there wasn’t really a slanging match, nothing was personal to posters on here 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems a bit unnecessary; I've not seen anything on here that even faintly resembles the sort of barneys you used to get on here (besides when the WDL feel slighted). Like it or mock it, it seems like fair territory for off season chat.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

23 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

In fairness there wasn’t really a slanging match, nothing was personal to posters on here 

Some people/person was taking it far too much to heart and not even seeing the positive. I got slagged off for wanting clarification of something that sounded terrible and tacky but isn't, and to which I agreed was good.. its bizarre at the moment

• Like 3

Well, it descended into one poster abusing people yesterday, which saw the Kit thread locked. 

It’s going to be brought up again and again because of the number of brand changes that occur and have occurred since the announcement. It’s not personal at Leigh, though it’s going to be discussed in more detail because of these continual changes, the reasons behind the rebrand and the implementation, which hasn’t been good. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The latest locked thread (that's right, the latest one, in a seemingly never-ending series) was locked because it had drifted off topic into yet another oh-so-hilarious 'discussion' about Leigh, rather than the actual subject of the thread which was '2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers' - that means all of 'em, not just one club. 

It's worth remembering that when you look back at locked threads on here to find evidence of why they were locked, that a lot of the stuff that caused it to be locked will have been removed already in vain attempts to keep them open in the first place, before we as moderators eventually wave the white flag and give up.

Juts because you don't see people slagging each other off, doesn't mean they weren't slagging each other off before we intervened.

Then, when we do lock a thread, usually in despair, we get people moaning 'why can't we discuss x, y or zed on here' when the forum has been doing very little else but discuss x, y or zed till the cows (or in this case leopards) come home.

Imagine being stuck in a pub surrounded by people who want to repeat the same joke over and over and over again, and still think it's hilarious even when you've heard it a thousand times, until you eventually crack and beg them to stop for the sake of your sanity.

That's what being a moderator on here is like. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You're going to love it when we get the first sighting of the Mr Leopard mascot on live TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The latest locked thread (that's right, the latest one, in a seemingly never-ending series) was locked because it had drifted off topic into yet another oh-so-hilarious 'discussion' about Leigh, rather than the actual subject of the thread which was '2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers' - that means all of 'em, not just one club. 

It's worth remembering that when you look back at locked threads on here to find evidence of why they were locked, that a lot of the stuff that caused it to be locked will have been removed already in vain attempts to keep them open in the first place, before we as moderators eventually wave the white flag and give up.

Juts because you don't see people slagging each other off, doesn't mean they weren't slagging each other off before we intervened.

Then, when we do lock a thread, usually in despair, we get people moaning 'why can't we discuss x, y or zed on here' when the forum has been doing very little else but discuss x, y or zed till the cows (or in this case leopards) come home.

Imagine being stuck in a pub surrounded by people who want to repeat the same joke over and over and over again, and still think it's hilarious even when you've heard it a thousand times, until you eventually crack and beg them to stop for the sake of your sanity.

In fairness John, 90% plus of Leigh fans on here either ignore such threads completely (as is their prerogative), or are happy to engage in constructive discussion around what they like and don't like about it. 

We are talking about a single figure number of posters who have taken umbridge every time criticism of this rebrand has come about, and unlike their fellow Leigh fans on here are either unable to ignore said threads or engage in any sort of constructive discussion - indeed a couple I can think of aren't afraid at all to be directly abusive to other posters if their mood so deems it too. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You're going to love it when we get the first sighting of the Mr Leopard mascot on live TV.

I'm all for someone starting a best and worst RL mascots thread.

I'm old enough to remember Winston Wildboar at Bradford Northern.

Bring it on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

In fairness John, 90% plus of Leigh fans on here either ignore such threads completely (as is their prerogative), or are happy to engage in constructive discussion around what they like and don't like about it. 

We are talking about a single figure number of posters who have taken umbridge every time criticism of this rebrand has come about, and unlike their fellow Leigh fans on here are either unable to ignore said threads or engage in any sort of constructive discussion - indeed a couple I can think of aren't afraid at all to be directly abusive to other posters if their mood so deems it too. 

If it was my club who had done what Leigh has done Id be leading the mickey taking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

If it was my club who had done what Leigh has done Id be leading the mickey taking.

If it was your club, you might feel quite differently about other people doing it constantly though.

That's the way this stuff works.

We're all passionate about our own clubs, home towns, etc. We might mock them occasionally ourselves but will still get defensive about them when others have a go and perhaps don't know when to stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1