Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

49 minutes ago, RP London said:

Thats good that there is a story behind it and does fit with the whole conservation side of it which is nice. Didnt see the shortlist but assume it was the normal "dont let people have a vote" style of names

The claim is that he tried twice to run the vote but technical reasons meant it didn't work but then a little child came in from the snow swirled streets holding a piece of paper and on that paper was a name. And wouldn't you know it but the name fitted exactly what Derek would like to call the mascot and so, inspired by this erstwhile Tiny Tim's creation, the entire board stood and cheered and demanded that there be no public vote and give the Leopard the name that the definitely very real and very free thinking and in no way influenced child wanted.

• Haha 6

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

The claim is that he tried twice to run the vote but technical reasons meant it didn't work but then a little child came in from the snow swirled streets holding a piece of paper and on that paper was a name. And wouldn't you know it but the name fitted exactly what Derek would like to call the mascot and so, inspired by this erstwhile Tiny Tim's creation, the entire board stood and cheered and demanded that there be no public vote and give the Leopard the name that the definitely very real and very free thinking and in no way influenced child wanted.

heartwarming.. 

i take it you arent 100% buying the story.. 

51 minutes ago, RP London said:

Thats good that there is a story behind it and does fit with the whole conservation side of it which is nice. Didnt see the shortlist but assume it was the normal "dont let people have a vote" style of names

You would be correct in that assumption, can't remember the full list but 2 of the 6 names were 'Leo' and 'LeighO' which i think tells you all you need to know about the creativity levels of the people submitting suggestions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

heartwarming.. 

i take it you arent 100% buying the story.. 

I reserve the right to admire the coincidences within it.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

You would be correct in that assumption, can't remember the full list but 2 of the 6 names were 'Leo' and 'LeighO' which i think tells you all you need to know about the creativity levels of the people submitting suggestions. 

Gutted it's not ' Jeff ' , that's what I'm gonna call it 😀

• Haha 1