Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

On 21/11/2022 at 08:13, GUBRATS said:

No problem with anybody having an opinion on it , I have one , but it's done , so just how long is the ' outrage ' going to go on for ? , Just what do other fans expect or want the Leigh fans to do

Transfer allegiance to a nearby professional club? 😀😀😀

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Transfer allegiance to a nearby professional club? 😀😀😀

I would sooner have pins put in my eyes and give up the pro sport altogether than go to any of our near neighbour's, could make an exception for Salford maybe, but the others have far to many creeps running the clubs and on the terraces.

Sits back now and awaits the 'My dad is a better fighter than your dad' comments.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

[] but the others have far to many creeps running the clubs and on the terraces.

Sits back now and awaits the 'My dad is a better fighter than your dad' comments.

Why are you waiting for those kind of comments when you've already made them in your opening paragraph?

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would sooner have pins put in my eyes and give up the pro sport altogether than go to any of our near neighbour's, could make an exception for Salford maybe, but the others have far to many creeps running the clubs and on the terraces.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Bit weak that Ginger, you can do better.

Come on H,just because old Starbug is in a bad mood & arguing with himself & everyone else in the thread below,doesn’t mean you have to follow suit on this one,just take a deep breath & remember it’s the weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really? I didn't realise you supported a pro club. 🫣🥴🤪😀👍

• Like 1

According to the Born Free foundation.

Wild leopards are under threat, largely due to human pressures and habitat loss, while captive animals suffer in zoos, circuses and under private ownership.

Even in modern zoos big cats repeatedly pace, frustrated because their hunting and territorial instincts are denied. Although they often breed well in captivity, it is extremely difficult to return a captive-bred big cat to the wild and this almost never happens.

Edited by JohnM

Contrary to some, I like the rebrand. I like the new identity. I like the relentless drive, initiative, support, generosity of the Clubs owner etc. It's refreshing, it's newsworthy and it's challenging. .( I'm really being serious on this point.)

I admire, too, the fanatical evangelical worshiping of the owner by his disciples on here.

Above all, I appreciate the magnanimous acceptance of the good wishes we all send to the club for the forthcoming season.🤪

Edited by JohnM

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

With Leigh Leopards,Halifax Panthers,Cas Tigers, Swinton Lions, and Keighley Cougars,i hope someone is keeping them well fed.Or we may be viewing from behind wire fences.At least Wakey have dispensed with Wildcats

I'm hoping some team calls themselves after the Civet, that's the cat that eats and defecates coffee beans to make Kopi Luwak coffee....then we can get back to shirts with an anus on it...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

With Leigh Leopards,Halifax Panthers,Cas Tigers, Swinton Lions, and Keighley Cougars,i hope someone is keeping them well fed.Or we may be viewing from behind wire fences.At least Wakey have dispensed with Wildcats

Add to it the Rhino's, Wolves, Bulldogs, Bulls, Bronco's, Eagles, Dragons and the Rams then we need now is "The Rock" and we could do our own "RL Jumanji"

The obsession with Wigan continues. And yes I'll call him crazy:

LEIGH Leopards owner Derek Beaumont believes that Leigh Leopards ‘will look a better prospect’ than Super League rivals Wigan Warriors in a year.

The outspoken Leigh man has been busy in the past few months bankrolling a new rebrand of the Centurions to the Leopards whilst helping head coach Adrian Lam and director of rugby Chris Chester build a squad capable of not just surviving but thriving in Super League in 2023.

Beaumont has had his fair share of critics in the past, with the Leopards also attracting both negative and positive attention following the rebrand, but in a recent fans forum, the owner waxed lyrical about the near and long-term future of his club.

In doing so, Beaumont also gave a bold comparison to his Leigh side and neighbours Wigan, believing that the Leopards could soon overtake them.
“12,000 fans in here will look better to a broadcaster than 12,000 in a 25,000 seater stadium,” Beaumont said.
“So, I’m putting it out there, call me crazy or whatever, but we will look a better prospect in the next 12 or 24 months than Wigan Warriors.”

https://www.totalrl.com/derek-beaumont-believes-leigh-leopards-will-look-a-better-prospect-than-super-league-rivals-wigan-warriors/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

The obsession with Wigan continues. And yes I'll call him crazy:

LEIGH Leopards owner Derek Beaumont believes that Leigh Leopards ‘will look a better prospect’ than Super League rivals Wigan Warriors in a year.

The outspoken Leigh man has been busy in the past few months bankrolling a new rebrand of the Centurions to the Leopards whilst helping head coach Adrian Lam and director of rugby Chris Chester build a squad capable of not just surviving but thriving in Super League in 2023.

Beaumont has had his fair share of critics in the past, with the Leopards also attracting both negative and positive attention following the rebrand, but in a recent fans forum, the owner waxed lyrical about the near and long-term future of his club.

In doing so, Beaumont also gave a bold comparison to his Leigh side and neighbours Wigan, believing that the Leopards could soon overtake them.
“12,000 fans in here will look better to a broadcaster than 12,000 in a 25,000 seater stadium,” Beaumont said.
“So, I’m putting it out there, call me crazy or whatever, but we will look a better prospect in the next 12 or 24 months than Wigan Warriors.”

https://www.totalrl.com/derek-beaumont-believes-leigh-leopards-will-look-a-better-prospect-than-super-league-rivals-wigan-warriors/

I don’t mind this so much, I actually think the ambition is a good one, but there’s no need for the digs at other clubs, and he’s got form for that.

Aiming for 12,000 average fans is great (if not a little pie in the sky) but the dig at Wigan is just childish and petty especially as he can only dream that is club will be as successful as them.

Unfortunately for him Wigan will always be a bigger draw than Leigh for a broadcaster 

• Like 1