Leaky

phildog

I think I'm right in saying this will be Al's 10 and Testimonial season. Anyone, maybe his sponsor, have any news as to whether he or the club have applied to the RFL?

I was thinking the same as you today, so I went onto RFL site but couldn't find anything out.

I suppose the club would ask him if he wanted one, then I would suppose the club would apply to the RFL for permission to run. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I spoke to him about a testimonial year he said it would be 2024 season, but didn't confirm if he would be applying/accepting whatever it is they do. I think this is because we signed him in the summer of '13 so didn't play the majority/full season at this level.

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2022 at 20:22, phildog said:

I think I'm right in saying this will be Al's 10 and Testimonial season. 

Funny things are testimonials P Craig Hall started at Hull in 07 has now been granted a testimonial by the RFL 16 years later which will be run by FEV even though only been here since 19

14 hours ago, POR said:

Funny things are testimonials P Craig Hall started at Hull in 07 has now been granted a testimonial by the RFL 16 years later which will be run by FEV even though only been here since 19

Pedant here, but I believe that clubs can't run testimonials for players, they must run their own. If the club does it then all income is subject to PAYE, I understand.

At Dewsbury we had at least one player who was granted a testimonial but never took up the option of running it. Some blamed the club but, as I said, they couldn't do it for the player involved.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Leaky 4th August 2013. Do they get testimonial in their 10th tear or on completion of? I understand these are personal affairs often run by a committee, I'm sure Al knows he can rely on people. Get banged in for one!