2023 New Kits - Part 2

2 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Salford-away-1.webpSalford-home.webp

They're tremendous.

The VX3 off field stuff may have been a bit amateur club style in the past, but their on field gear has been quietly top quality for a few years now, this being an excellent example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Got to say that is as classy as it gets for flammable polyester sports gear!

✔️It looks like a "proper" Salford kit

✔️ looks like a "real" RL jumper/jersey/shirt/top.

✔️ The white chevron makes it distinct from the other local reds. (MUFC/SCFC/FCUM)

✔️It has a Big City feel about it.

✔️Having the names of former players for the 150th anniversary is cool.

Good choice fellas.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Lovely stuff. Only slight issue I have is the names on the home shirt, I know it's a nice move but it always makes the shirts look a bit busy. Also the away looks like the United top they lost to Barcelona in the CL final in 2011 but not that much and it was ages ago anyway. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Not a shirt, but a brand new release. An ideal festive present for the St Helens fan in your life.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

They're tremendous.

The VX3 off field stuff may have been a bit amateur club style in the past, but their on field gear has been quietly top quality for a few years now, this being an excellent example.

The problem with VX3 (we have them for my sons Union club) is their customer service is poor (dont answer phones/emails) and their "lead times" are really poor. Ordered a hoodie and a pair of shorts on November 7th that were supposed to be "next day" and they are still not here. This is common, i havent had anything arrive within anything approaching a normal timescale. The club will be leaving them after this year I believe. 

Not had any such issues when buying things through Oxen no matter what you think of their designs, sales policy etc their service is really good. 

Edited by RP London
  • Like 1

Several posts removed.

Don't drag another GENERAL kit thread off on a Leigh-related tangent, when that has its own thread for people to contribute to or ignore depending on their own choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/2023-rugby-league-kits-super-league/

2023 Super League kits home/away/third etc in one easy place.

Brings home the hideousness of Leigh Leopards home kit when compared to the others.

Wakey win best 2023 kits for me, closely followed by Hudds.

I’m not a fan of the colours used for the Wakey home shirt. Are they the right way round?

18 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I’m not a fan of the colours used for the Wakey home shirt. Are they the right way round?

Yeah, they are the right way around. Apparently that is a recreation of their first jersey. Colours and all. That was my understanding, anyway.

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Like it. 

Only issue is the three sponsors that are on a black background and look like they’re sticky tape. 

Away is okay, nothing more. 

True.

It was tough to work out as white on black is difficult to read at the best of times but the sponsor's name includes the word 'integrated' ironically. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

6/10. I usually like Widnes’ jerseys and even own a couple. Would prefer to see more black on the home shirt and there’s no need for the red (imho). 

It's one for people of my generation. From 93 to about 2007 it was unusual for a Widnes home shirt not to feature red. I really like it for this reason, so long as the shorts are black of course. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

17 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's one for people of my generation. From 93 to about 2007 it was unusual for a Widnes home shirt not to feature red. I really like it for this reason, so long as the shorts are black of course. 

The shorts are not black 😔