2023 New Kits - Part 2

40 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I would guess that Sinfield would have some sort of sponsorship agreement so not like he could just rock up in some old Rhinos gear.

I’d be surprised if he did. he’d be expected to wear such things for an official engagement, but not this.

They should have just asked him to take off the jacket.

The presence of the RFU badge isn’t even the main thing. It’s a “sports brand” - I use that term in the loosest sense - launching a product where the guy helping launch it is visibly wearing another sports brand!

it’s hilarious.

• Like 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Another in a long line of shockers from Oxon,a great cause that would have benefited from a more prominent logo on a well designed national teams shirt & a training range even.

We need to get shot of these bunch of cowboys because between them & the RFL our national team has zero identity.

• Like 4

Could they not do just do a version of last years shirt with a bit of orange cut through it with MND replacing Betfred as the main sponsor? They've launched a bold new identity for England and then bulleted it on kit #2. 

• Like 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Could they not do just do a version of last years shirt with a bit of orange cut through it with MND replacing Betfred as the main sponsor? They've launched a bold new identity for England and then bulleted it on kit #2. 

In fairness, England wore a charity shirt for the CNAS game last year, in aid of the floods in Tonga. It appears that they’re going for the mid-season game to have a charity aspect tied in, which I’m absolutely fine with. Do we need a new one-off shirt each year, and one barely six months after releasing the last, though? 

I think there’s ways that they could have done the shirt better. A blue St George’s cross literally makes zero sense. I get what they’ve tried to do but the execution is shocking. 

13 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

I feel like there are a thousand different ways we could have push the MND association and our support for Rob Burrow without needing to introduce orange and a new shade of blue to the England kit.

As others have said, good intentions, great cause to support, but poor execution. 

Does nothing to help 'build' any England brand off the back of the World Cup either. 

This I pretty much where i am on it.. could have been so different and we really do need yo work on brand England..  not enough high profile games to do this IMHO and we could have done more, differently, with MND across the year rather than a one off match shirt (training range, pre match warm up range etc)

• Like 2

I am quite cynical about things like this. 

I’m sure it’s not the case, BUT, if Oxen put out another England shirt without any charitable link, how many do they sell? Very few.

If it’s about raising money for a charity, what is really going to generate more of a return? A new, well designed, high quality England shirt? Or a rip off of a design produced by another sports brand in the colours of a charity?

I think it’s the former.

But that is me being quite cynical.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

The paint stripe England kit was my favourite shirt they've ever had tbh, so on one level I do quite like this. It is also for a charitable cause so it is hard to criticise that aspect too much. I do also like the idea of England's mid season match shirt being dedicated to a charitable cause, though I think there should be a discussion on how that actually works in practice.

It does seem to be another example of Oxen pump and dump however.

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

Nice. Do you think they’d have any interest in entering a team into the East RL in the summer? 

We can just about raise a 6 a side vets team in the local summer touch league ! but I can ask. 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

On 28/02/2023 at 11:15, Eddie said:

Nice. Do you think they’d have any interest in entering a team into the East RL in the 

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Ah ok, I assumed you were a full Union club. 

Yet no snidey comment about "the mask slips" this time? 

Hmmm. 

• Confused 1