3 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Paris is the last place to go for the opener, imo. The game will involve France and should be in a 30/40k stadium in or around the game's heartlands. 

Paris could be the location for Australia, if, IF, fans can be attracted over from Oz in good numbers. 

I would hope for a huge following for England of 5/10k at each of their games. Achievable with intelligent planning.

If Paris was to be used as a venue then it could only be the opener as this would be the only game that could attract a decent enough crowd with a guaranteed France appearance.

They could use either the former PSG charlety stadium or the stade Jean-Bouin which both have 20k capacity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MatthewWoody said:

We should produce Welsh good enough for playing SL rl.

But where most are hours from an SL academy. The valleys is basically a Bermuda triangle there are some good solid amateur sides but then what you travel 2hrs to Llanelli to ship 100points each week with pay barely covering fuel.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

They cant even be attracted to games in Sydney.

Paris doesn't deserve a thing. Should all be in the south - not wasting time in areas with no interest in the game.

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Paris doesn't deserve a thing. Should all be in the south - not wasting time in areas with no interest in the game.

If paris pay for it and it generates enough media attention then Paris should only get 1 game with the rest played in the south including the final.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I kind of agree but also seems strange not having a game in the capital, particularly if part of the aim is to raise the profile of the game in France.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I kind of agree but also seems strange not having a game in the capital, particularly if part of the aim is to raise the profile of the game in France.

Scotland v Serbia then

Just now, Tosh said:

Derwent Park surely.

Let Paris have it in the Stade de France at €100 a ticket and a free copy of "The Forgotten Game" with every ticket.

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Let Paris have it in the Stade de France at €100 a ticket and a free copy of "The Forgotten Game" with every ticket.

If they are charging €100 a ticket they at least deserve a free copy of the correct book “the forbidden game.” 

😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Tosh said:

If they are charging €100 a ticket they at least deserve a free copy of the correct book “the forbidden game.” 

😂😂

Ha !

It's the 2025 special reprint !

10 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Don’t disregard the superb work of Treizistes in and around Nantes - which isn’t the south!

No problem - I just have a beef with Paris.

If this tournament works, it can really create interest and attract followers in France. I believe ru fans just need to watch the game played at its best level. 

If it's so, in the long terms it'd raise RL's profile in France. Of corse, not saying it'll compete with ru (that is very massive, every time you enter a town you see a rugby field) but can find new followers. 

• Like 1

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

27 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

If this tournament works, it can really create interest and attract followers in France. I believe ru fans just need to watch the game played at its best level. 

If it's so, in the long terms it'd raise RL's profile in France. Of corse, not saying it'll compete with ru (that is very massive, every time you enter a town you see a rugby field) but can find new followers. 

RU fans are never going to become RL fans in the same way that RL fans are never going to become RU fans or that should really mean favour one game over the other but this tournament could pique their interest similar to that in this country with the RLWC21.

The RLWC25 in France has a greatest chance of exposing RL to the wider French public, media and sponsors&potential investors in living memory. Even greater than Catalan or Toulouse can or have done.

Its simply the greatest opportunity for RL in France post WW2.

• Like 2

Just now, Tosh said:

RU fans are never going to become RL fans in the same way that RL fans are never going to become RU fans or that should really mean favour one game over the other but this tournament could pique their interest similar to that in this country with the RLWC21.

The RLWC25 in France has a greatest chance of exposing RL to the wider French public, media and sponsors&potential investors in living memory. Even greater than Catalan or Toulouse can or have done.

Its simply the greatest opportunity for RL in France post WW2.

I don't agree, but maybe I'm wrong.

RU public seems to appreciate those parts of the game and those skills that RL brings when played at its best.

I won't share your prejudice. I wanna be optimistic.

Btw, of corse we can aim to the wider public too.

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

2 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

They cant even be attracted to games in Sydney.

True. But Kangaroos tours in the 80s and 90s attracted good numbers from Australia. I think that France is a more attractive prospect for touring fans than some pretty dismal northern English towns! 

I do think Paris could work.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

First I’ve heard of this but it’s great and very positive if true?

13 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Is there development going on in Nantes?

Vertou XIII (run junior sides including a fully-fledged U19s)

Nantes Rugby XIII (men, juniors and wheelchair)

Tigres de Nantes (juniors and women)

Loroux XIII (juniors)

Reze XIII (juniors)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MatthewWoody said:

I don't agree, but maybe I'm wrong.

RU public seems to appreciate those parts of the game and those skills that RL brings when played at its best.

I won't share your prejudice. I wanna be optimistic.

Btw, of corse we can aim to the wider public too.

I’m not being prejudiced but more realistic.

I like watching top RU internationals but I’d never watch a domestic game of RU let alone pay to watch one and I’m pretty sure that would be the case of most RU fans in England and France towards RL. Especially French domestic RL which can be a hard watch at times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, welshmagpie said:

Vertou XIII (run junior sides including a fully-fledged U19s)

Nantes Rugby XIII (men, juniors and wheelchair)

Tigres de Nantes (juniors and women)

Loroux XIII (juniors)

Reze XIII (juniors)

That’s fantastic.

Hopefully Nantes gets a game or 2.

RU are using 9 venues for their world cup in France next year, down from 12 originally (I believe 1 venue in Paris, Lens and Montpellier were dropped).

They have gone for Stade de France, then the largest stadiums in Lille, Nantes, Lyon, Bordeaux, Nice, Marseilles, Toulouse and St Etienne. Clearly a southern bias there, but still a decent spread across the country. 

If France 25 had a similar spread of games (probably a few more smaller venues too like Avignon, Albi, Perpignan) that would be good. Lyon, Bordeaux, Paris, Nantes should be on there along with Toulouse and Marseilles/Nice which seem to be automatic picks.

An interesting location for the final could be Camp Nou, Barcelona.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

RU are using 9 venues for their world cup in France next year, down from 12 originally (I believe 1 venue in Paris, Lens and Montpellier were dropped).

They have gone for Stade de France, then the largest stadiums in Lille, Nantes, Lyon, Bordeaux, Nice, Marseilles, Toulouse and St Etienne. Clearly a southern bias there, but still a decent spread across the country. 

If France 25 had a similar spread of games (probably a few more smaller venues too like Avignon, Albi, Perpignan) that would be good. Lyon, Bordeaux, Paris, Nantes should be on there along with Toulouse and Marseilles/Nice which seem to be automatic picks.

An interesting location for the final could be Camp Nou, Barcelona.

I was with you until your last sentence.

• Like 1