RLWC Ticket price complaints no excuses for the French match

IM2

Just bought tickets on the half way line for £15 each. absolute bargain. given the thousands on here that complained about ticket prices in the RLWC should mean it sells out in the next few weeks.

also got some great value GF tickets as well. again half way line for just over £50 each. again a bargain

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IM2 said:

Just bought tickets on the half way line for £15 each. absolute bargain. given the thousands on here that complained about ticket prices in the RLWC should mean it sells out in the next few weeks.

also got some great value GF tickets as well. again half way line for just over £50 each. again a bargain

Me too. Insane value. 

1 minute ago, IM2 said:

Match singular in the thread title?

Have you forgotten you've just bought tickets to a women's international?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, IM2 said:

I wish they could find a happy medium. £15 for halfway line tickets for an international is devaluing the product in my opinion. I appreciate it’s not the most attractive fixture but I have no idea how they expect to break even, let alone make a profit from those prices 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IM2 said:

It’s not just about the P of price, it’s about doing all 7P’s right (or at least the old fashioned 4P’s). For decades League marketers have tried to solve the problem by focusing on one at a time, or one at the expense of the others. This is basic stuff. 

It’s great you’re highlighting the good value of these tickets, but let’s not flippantly over-simplify the constructive criticism we’ve been making of poor marketing execution. 

• Like 5

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

7 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It’s great you’re highlighting the good value of these tickets, but let’s not flippantly over-simplify the constructive criticism we’ve been making of poor marketing execution. 

Yup

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

What about not really wanting to go to Warrington? Is that an excuse?

Don't be like this; make a city break out of it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

We’ve gone from top prices to bargain basement again. It’s a bit baffling, really. I’ve no problems with this being a little cheaper because it’s not a highly desirable fixture in a less than desirable location but we’ve gone from one extreme to the other. 

10 minutes ago, Jughead said:

We’ve gone from top prices to bargain basement again. It’s a bit baffling, really. I’ve no problems with this being a little cheaper because it’s not a highly desirable fixture in a less than desirable location but we’ve gone from one extreme to the other. 

It's only until Jan and the GF offer has probably expired already. The RFL probably needs some money in the coffers up front to promote the games.

So we will need to see what happens in the weeks leading up.

What they should consider is a ticket for both games - at a premium - or one just for the men's, with entrance 30 mins before KO.

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

I can live with bargain basement for this game if it fills the ground. But we are so rubbish at selling our events that we often sell cheap and still have thousands of empty seats. 

Ive been to many mid-season games, and they are generally very lacklustre events. I may decide to go closer to the time if I'm not doing anything, but I certainly won't be clearing my diary to attend. It really should be a must-see event, that's what we need to work towards. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

People could stay over in Runcorn if they don’t fancy Warrington. 

I managed to persuade my wife that she would enjoy spending a Monday night in Doncaster in October. A weekend in Runcorn should be a doddle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JonM said:

I managed to persuade my wife that she would enjoy spending a Monday night in Doncaster in October. A weekend in Runcorn should be a doddle.

Did you go with her?

3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Did you go with her?

I left her in Doncaster's second  third finest Premier Inn, while I watched the match...

I doubt the word Warrington (or Runcorn) will be mentioned. A weekend in Chester or Liverpool will be an easy sell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonM said:

I left her in Doncaster's second  third finest Premier Inn, while I watched the match...

I doubt the word Warrington (or Runcorn) will be mentioned. A weekend in Chester or Liverpool will be an easy sell.

I sold York on the basis she can shop whilst I watch 8 hours of RL.

Could be an expensive weekend.