8 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

SL:  Leeds

Relegated: Hull KR

Champ: Featherstone

Relegation: Swinton & Whitehaven

League 1 : Dewsbury & Doncaster

Spoon: Midlands

29 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hull KR , that´s a brave shout but possible. I would think with their crowds they should have a decent budget. Also would be good to know how Midlands are getting on with the ground move. 

I'm trying to be controversial!😂

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then the selection method of who is allowed to run academies employed by the RFL should come under question.

Yep, we definitely shouldn´t have academies all in the same area if its RFL money . London would be a cert but that´s probably not what you meant is it? 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

No idea about CC , Leigh maybe if they get a nice draw and are fairly close to safety. Would like Cas to win. Seems everyone has Wakey to go down just as they sort out stadium. 

Can't see anything other than Wakey...think the stadium may be a distraction that won't help ....will be nice to visit in the Champ though 

A new name on the CC on recent times would be good...have they won it history?

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Can't see anything other than Wakey...think the stadium may be a distraction that won't help ....will be nice to visit in the Champ though 

A new name on the CC on recent times would be good...have they won it history?

Yeah it is crappy for Wakey but it means if they actually have a decent stadium in champ and win some games for a change they can at least build some positive momentum. Toulouse are getting locked in soon so won´t have to worry about them in next years. 

No idea when cas last won it. Just like Radford as a coach and comes across well so wish him some success. 

2 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Wakey will not finish bottom. Bradford will not finish solvent. 

How's that for a prediction?

One of those is more believable than the other. I will leave you to guess which one. 

To answer your question, Slightly childish and a bit di*kish for what is a light hearted look at next year. 

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep, we definitely shouldn´t have academies all in the same area if its RFL money . London would be a cert but that´s probably not what you meant is it? 

No, If clubs want to run and can afford academies they should not be decried the opportunity to run them WHEREVER the club is located.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

No, If clubs want to run and can afford academies they should not be decried the opportunity to run them WHEREVER the club is located.

Yep 100%, anyone mad enough to stick cash in should be allowed but RFL funds should be ruthlessly strategic. 

So if Derek wants Leigh academy definitely but & I would rather the RFL went to him and said “Let’s go 50 50 on a central Manchester academy “

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yeah it is crappy for Wakey but it means if they actually have a decent stadium in champ and win some games for a change they can at least build some positive momentum. Toulouse are getting locked in soon so won´t have to worry about them in next years. 

No idea when cas last won it. Just like Radford as a coach and comes across well so wish him some success. 

Sorry but this system is sh-ite, a club like Wakefield or any other who's only fault is coming from the heartlands can be cast aside, but new kids on the block like Toulouse who yet have to prove themselves beyond the magical word "Potential" a word that seems to be one of the main attributes that a club can have to be advanced over others - even though they have proved nothing yet - can be fastracked. 

It's sport chaps, what happens on the field of play should be sole contributor to promotion and relegation, not grey suits sat around a table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

One of those is more believable than the other. I will leave you to guess which one. 

To answer your question, Slightly childish and a bit di*kish for what is a light hearted look at next year. 

There is nothing lighthearted about putting teams in the top division with all the benefits that has who has not earned the right to be there.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep 100%, anyone mad enough to stick cash in should be allowed but RFL funds should be ruthlessly strategic. 

So if Derek wants Leigh academy definitely but & I would rather the RFL went to him and said “Let’s go 50 50 on a central Manchester academy “

His money is given for the benefit if his club, like Leneghan,  McManus, Guasch et all.

48 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry but this system is sh-ite, a club like Wakefield or any other who's only fault is coming from the heartlands can be cast aside, but new kids on the block like Toulouse who yet have to prove themselves beyond the magical word "Potential" a word that seems to be one of the main attributes that a club can have to be advanced over others - even though they have proved nothing yet - can be fastracked. 

It's sport chaps, what happens on the field of play should be sole contributor to promotion and relegation, not grey suits sat around a table.

No it isn’t and this is the only time I will respond ob this post so we don’t get yet another conversation hijacked about leigh. It isn’t because the figures for England vs France absolutely dwarf anything else the game can offer and that is the money that will keep the sport alive. 

Also no one said barring Wakey but merely locking in teams so we can grow the sport so put your straw man back in his box. 

Thirdly the fact you told me Derek only cares about his team is exactly why they shouldn’t control the future of the sport because look where that has got us. We let the clubs run the games for their own fiefdoms and now England can’t even get PNG to tour should tell you why allowing a tiny cabal of individual owners to decide what is best for the sport is suicidal. 

So feel free to make a prediction otherwise come to Catalan in feb and I will buy you a pint to continue this discussion (that’s a genuine offer by the way, not a call out on Twitter like our lord Derek)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Seems reasonable, I'd add L1 North Wales Crusaders. Either that or we'll bomb it in the playoffs - again!

I think we've lost too many of our better players already. Unfortunately can't see Cru making the playoffs next season.

Lovely stuff. Thanks for the light-hearted insult/feedback! 😂

You think it is childish to suggest that Bradford Bulls will not make an operating profit this year, but will somehow be left with assets greater than their liabilities? Really? Have a look back at their accounts and tell me what the precedence is. 

Edited by Northern Eel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry but this system is sh-ite

At the minute, the system only exists in the poster you're quoting's head. Everything that has been said about the number of non UK teams could equally be taken to mean they will be subject to stricter conditions than a heartlands club (or, indeed, the same).

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

No it isn’t and this is the only time I will respond ob this post so we don’t get yet another conversation hijacked about leigh. It isn’t because the figures for England vs France absolutely dwarf anything else the game can offer and that is the money that will keep the sport alive. 

Also no one said barring Wakey but merely locking in teams so we can grow the sport so put your straw man back in his box. 

Thirdly the fact you told me Derek only cares about his team is exactly why they shouldn’t control the future of the sport because look where that has got us. We let the clubs run the games for their own fiefdoms and now England can’t even get PNG to tour should tell you why allowing a tiny cabal of individual owners to decide what is best for the sport is suicidal. 

So feel free to make a prediction otherwise come to Catalan in feb and I will buy you a pint to continue this discussion (that’s a genuine offer by the way, not a call out on Twitter like our lord Derek)

My response was not about Leigh, I never mentioned Leigh, my opinion is in direct contrast to yours about this system and 'Locking' teams in the top division who have not earned the right to be there, don't you come with the 'strawman' approach after your one-man campaign last season to have Newcastle and York fast tracked up.

And I didn't say that Mr Beaumont only cares about his team I don't know as you don't what he cares about I said he spends his money on his team as does Leneghan, McManus and Guasch among others, and without that Cabal of owners we would have no game, you do realise that most owners are local lads 'made good' don't you?

Thanks for your offer but Leigh have 2 trips to Perpignan this season, most likely I would take the second one.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

At the minute, the system only exists in the poster you're quoting's head. Everything that has been said about the number of non UK teams could equally be taken to mean they will be subject to stricter conditions than a heartlands club (or, indeed, the same).

True, thanks for that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gogledd said:

I think we've lost too many of our better players already. Unfortunately can't see Cru making the playoffs next season.

Always happen sadly that the smaller clubs get picked off without money to keep them. 

The playoffs are always possible when WWR, Cornwall and Midlands are beatable. Just need to snatch a few wins vs heartland teams and you will have a shot . 

17 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hull KR , that´s a brave shout but possible. I would think with their crowds they should have a decent budget. Also would be good to know how Midlands are getting on with the ground move. 

I think we will have a very competitive SL next year. Too early to say, be interesting to see who our 2 signings will be. But as ever we won't listen to negativity but just focus each week on the game in hand and I'm sure we can survive. There is no easy games now it's just who turns up on the day. 

Up the Trin ⚜️ 🙏 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

SL:  St Helens

Relegated: Leigh

Champ: Featherstone

Relegation: Newcastle & Whitehaven

League 1 : Dewsbury & Doncaster

Spoon: West Wales

Surprised it's taken this long for a prediction for Leigh to be relegated. Assumed the newly promoted team would be favourites to be relegated.

11 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Surprised it's taken this long for a prediction for Leigh to be relegated. Assumed the newly promoted team would be favourites to be relegated.

I think most people are waiting to see what kind of a squad Wakey can put together before deciding whether to pick them or Leigh as their favourites for relegation.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions