Club funds

phildog

Where's next for the club to go in fundraising? Massive trumpeting of a couple of Lifeline Draws, nothing since. Prime time now for Grand Christmas Draw, could have been up n running since Queen night with a massive prize drawn on Boxing Day, could have been a joint deal with Rams benefitting both clubs. I made several suggestions about 6 weeks ago on another thread and we've gone nowhere with anything. Then we wonder why we can't draw bigger names when fans are crying out to contribute. 

• Like 2

I assume you'll both already contribute monthly to BISSA? BISSA fundraising is the best way to help the club make the big signings everybody wants. 

The BISSA AGM and social evening, which have been well advertised, goes ahead tomorrow evening at the club. There'll also be a chance here to buy merchandise and pick up the new calendar which also raises funds to pay for the playing staff.

Another fundraising project associated with the club is the Batley Sporting Foundation 3 Peaks Challenge. This has been advertised for a number of months now, including on this forum. The money raised here helps our Community Team head out into schools to provide sports coaching, pays for holiday clubs and a vast number of various other projects we're involved with and will tick a lot of boxes on the club's quest to climb high in the forthcoming IMG plans.

After you've made your contributions to BISSA, head to the Just Giving page below with your leftover change and help the Community Team hit their fundraising target. Plenty of fundraising projects around the club that will greatly receive the cash you're dying to spend 👍 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/andy-walker39?utm_source=copyLink&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=andy-walker39&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_term=d25800a10e1c4fafb89bbab73f8d18da

• Like 2

SIGNATURE

BFA, done all that, yes to BISSA and the purchasing, daughter and son-in-law (Battler) doing 3 Peaks, player sponsor, but they're missing out on the fan's desire to put in. The club could run their own version of BISSA monthly donations, would you, even in the current financial climate, miss a 4er each month? I say whilst fans are willing the club should be taking the opportunity. We want the club to stay up aloft which means being in the  serious market place and fans WILL do all they can. Still time to put another draw on for Christmas.  ..

Believe it or not Phildog, not all fans are as charitable as you. I've heard many complaints that the club ask for too much extra money from the ticket buying fans. I don't believe that the case and the opportunities are there for those who can and wish to donate. Nobody has their arms up their back but if more people did donate to BISSA, this is how the players are paid for without endangering the clubs own coffers. You've already pointed out Phildog, that you're a member, you'll know full well how it works and who it pays for. We wouldn't have had Hooley, Gilly, White or Leaky without BISSA. I'm sure Colin wouldn't mind you raising the amount of your monthly BISSA donation if your money is burning such an hole in your pocket. I imagine Kevin will be pleased that your helping.

The club give their opportunity for people to donate via War Chest. £100 a season or £5 per win. 

Here you go, your son in law is waiting for his first sponsor. Your daughter isnt signed up:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/anthony-cordingley

Edited by BatleyFanAndy

SIGNATURE

I do not see anything wrong with what Phildog was suggesting. As for asking him to contribute more, when he chooses what to contribute to and so much is out of order, and could possibly stop receiving much needed funds from him.

Edited by Drigdog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drigdog said:

I do not see anything wrong with what Phildog was suggesting. As for asking him to contribute more, when he chooses what to contribute to and so much is out of order, and could possibly stop receiving much needed funds from him.

Only thing that's happened here is pointing out to Phildog that there ARE opportunities to help with fundraising already in place, some of which are long-term. Nobody is forcing anyone to contribute to anything they don't wish to. If he decides he'd rather not, spend that extra few quid a month as he put it, that's his call.

SIGNATURE

One of the things l like about our club is that there are lots of ways to contribute financially. If l want to contribute directly to funding wages, l can contribute to the war chest (please announce it earlier this season). If l want to contribute to buying players l can pay into BISSA, or if l can't pay directly, l can use easyfundraising (literally money for nothing). I buy ht draw tickets and sometimes buy a season ticket. However, l would prefer the club to raise money when they don't necessarily need it. I agree with PD that the club might be missing a trick here. The raffles over lockdown seemed to be successful so why not over the off season? I thought that the 'lifeline' draws were fine and was happy to contribute, but I hated the name, it made us look like we were desperate and jarred with the success we were having on the field.

Anyway, don't forget the most important fundraising effort, which is our sponsoring of a player's shirt. Look out for a post very early in December!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

I think the war chest should go back to the original “backing Batley”campaign which was in place for a few seasons same structure but the name should stand out… 

but the draw should be in place for off season 

I personally couldn't care less what it is called. What does need to happen is that it is announced in plenty of time before the start of the season, and not an after thought when we need some cash. 

• Like 5