Dear Diary 2

Well. As the old is locked. Wanted to share my “win” today

Just parked up in Manchester as staying over this evening with the wife for our yearly Chrimbo do. Thought I knew a shortcut back to hotel. Na it was the long way, but stumbled across a new brewery tap room. Only opened a week apparently. Good times 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

Well. As the old is locked. Wanted to share my “win” today

Just parked up in Manchester as staying over this evening with the wife for our yearly Chrimbo do. Thought I knew a shortcut back to hotel. Na it was the long way, but stumbled across a new brewery tap room. Only opened a week apparently. Good times 

Chrimbo do in November?

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Like to get it out of the way early 😜We always go round the markets and grab some sort gig in Manchester. This year was Jason Manford last night 

Interestingly me and the missus buy Xmas presents as weekends away for each other on Januuary.....a very nice quiet and cheap month to do it in!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spidey said:

Like to get it out of the way early 😜We always go round the markets and grab some sort gig in Manchester. This year was Jason Manford last night 

Hey, have you noticed how when your mate suggests going out, you pretend to your wife you're not that interested? Eh? 

Sorry, I'm actually working on Jason Manford's next routine and got distracted. 

11 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Just found myself singing "you're the one that I want" from Grease while at work. I can see why that film was set in California because it really doesn't have the same impact in a rather deep and boring East Riding accent. 

Ha Ha! I love the way Old Frightful transcribes English into 'Hullese' with words like 'phern' for phone.

Sorry if my spelling is wrogn, but I'm not fluid in Hullese. 😉

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

There's something quite remarkable going on in the garden. The very mild weather (I sat at the Emirates two weeks ago at  17 degrees Celsius) has caused havoc to the shrubs and trees. Many still have their leaves, and almost all are stull in flower. I even had bedding plants with good floral coverage.

Whilst it was nice to see today, whilst I was having a tidy-up in the garden, it does make me wonder what impact this will have on them in the spring. Late flowering? Not flowering at all?