Friday 2nd Dec Meet The Players Night

Wakefield Ram

I hope that there will be some information about upcoming friendlies. Boxing Day will be just over three weeks away, after all.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I hope that there will be some information about upcoming friendlies. Boxing Day will be just over three weeks away, after all.

They said at the forum that the match was at Batley again.  Might be me but seems to be at Mount Unpleasant every year these days...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NickD said:

They said at the forum that the match was at Batley again.  Might be me but seems to be at Mount Unpleasant every year these days...

Don’t think we’ve played them for 3 years due to covid? 

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

We’ve got Batley at the Mount on Boxing Day,Huddersfield Giants away,Bradford Bulls was mentioned as well. But none have been confirmed yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyable and informative with a good turnout - a fair bit of cash raised for AR together with a reminder of the benefits that Squadbuilder has brought to the club.

Boxing Day fixture was confirmed - 12.00 at Mount Pleasant.

No other friendlies could be confirmed until final agreements have been reached with the other teams involved.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Enjoyable and informative with a good turnout - a fair bit of cash raised for AR together with a reminder of the benefits that Squadbuilder has brought to the club.

No other friendlies could be confirmed until final agreements have been reached with the other teams involved.

And we got to see BSJ in the flesh...Looked much more jolly than I imagined..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Must have sent his body double then ND

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Jolly Johnny sounds a bit questionable; don't you think?

17 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Must have sent his body double then ND

You might want to look out for my doppelganger standing behind you at MP next season PM, whispering quietly into your ear throughout every match.

Be afraid!

1 hour ago, feelslikezoom86 said:

I know we signed a new player in Perry 👍 but was there any rumours or talk regarding who Liam's assistant will be ? knowing Dewsbury it will be Paul Sykes player / coach 😂

PS was asked about this and he said that he was concentrating on playing for now. Liam is keeping his eyes peeled for someone suitable but there is no pressure - he is happy with the staff that he currently has.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2022 at 10:26, Blind side johnny said:

Huddersfield Giants away as now been confirmed for Sunday 12th February with a 3pm ko.

• Like 1

If you remember the last Roy Powell match was 2019 at yours, 14-14 draw. Even if The Bad Cold hadn't happened it would have 2020 at The Mount, '21 at yours so it is our turn. Split gate, your fans need to turn out! You could be surprised, your lads will have lots to prove.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phildog said:

Split gate, your fans need to turn out! You could be surprised, your lads will have lots to prove.

It is a split gate and I’m hoping that a lot more Rams fan’s turn up than the norm,no excuses like,I’m not going because I don’t want to give Batley my money. Plus let’s be honest our attendance’s next season are going to be very low. See you all on Boxing Day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

It is a split gate and I’m hoping that a lot more Rams fan’s turn up than the norm,no excuses like,I’m not going because I don’t want to give Batley my money. Plus let’s be honest our attendance’s next season are going to be very low. See you all on Boxing Day.

Split gate maybe, but they still haven't counted the attendances from half of last year's games at MP yet. How long do you think we will have to wait?

On a serious note, I don't think there is any discount for ordering tickets in advance on-line so, given the current weather, I reckon that I will pay on the gate.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Split gate maybe, but they still haven't counted the attendances from half of last year's games at MP yet. How long do you think we will have to wait?

On a serious note, I don't think there is any discount for ordering tickets in advance on-line so, given the current weather, I reckon that I will pay on the gate.

Don’t hold your breath 😂

Yes I’ll be paying on the day as well,unless one of my Batley friends can get me a freebie😉

Edited by graham fisher
  • Like 1

You know counting isn't the best in Batley, and I'm certainly not taking my socks off to help!

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You know counting isn't the best in Batley, and I'm certainly not taking my socks off to help!

There will be more than 24 there in any case.

• Haha 3