Is this time of year rubbish?

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Dark, cold and no SL, NRL or champ rugby 

I hate it and always have 

My mood gets really low and anxiety up...over the littlest things 

Anyone else the same? 

well there's a long long drag in front of us before we can moan about what a rubbish  summer we are having

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Haha 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Moose said:

At my age I’m happy to open my eyes every morning and realise I’m still alive. Even better when I get out of bed and everything is still in working order 😀

or even better when your "still in bed" and everything is still in working order!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Anyone else the same? 

Yes.. but Strictly is on to lift the gloom, as is Two Doors Down.

13 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Yes.. but Strictly is on to lift the gloom, as is Two Doors Down.

not as good now the tall skinny drunk woman has left the show in 2 doors

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Anyone else the same? 

No, NFL season kicks into gear this time of year and NFL Redzone on Sky is TV gold with nonstop action live from the games with NO ad breaks.  When one game stops they cut to another.

Unless you absolutely hate the sport then I would give this a go on a Sunday evening.

It really is a great format for their regular season and introduction to the sport for people who like contact sport action on their screens but not stoppages.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Unless you absolutely hate the sport then I would give this a go on a Sunday evening.

Thanks GR but I'm just not an NFL fan. I actually have plenty of sport as I follow union and bits of soccer (I hate myself enough for sound so that I insist on calling it soccer) 

More to do with the lack of light I think...SAD lamps just keep me awake after I've used them so can't 

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thanks GR but I'm just not an NFL fan. I actually have plenty of sport as I follow union and bits of soccer (I hate myself enough for sound so that I insist on calling it soccer) 

More to do with the lack of light I think...SAD lamps just keep me awake after I've used them so can't 

It’s a tough time for a lot of people I agree.

I always wonder how people in more northerly countries in the world cope and whether there’s much to be learned from them?

Certainly it’s something to be taken seriously as factor for lowering moods - just talking about it is important.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s a tough time for a lot of people I agree.

I always wonder how people in more northerly countries in the world cope and whether there’s much to be learned from them?

Certainly it’s something to be taken seriously as factor for lowering moods - just talking about it is important.

Yes I have upped my meds this weekend....hate to do so but need to 

Annoying as I do a lot right....work out loads of times a week, still play union, plenty of time with friends and a great missus/family 

....it's my job that really pushes me down when combined with darker less light days of Winter 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes I have upped my meds this weekend....hate to do so but need to 

Annoying as I do a lot right....work out loads of times a week, still play union, plenty of time with friends and a great missus/family 

....it's my job that really pushes me down when combined with darker less light days of Winter 

I have had a look through various Bupa/Mind type health websites for advice and guidance.

Sounds like you’re observing their advice although a mood diary can be helpful too.

This article seems interesting as well:

https://www.stylist.co.uk/long-reads/seasonal-affective-disorder-sad-winter-blues-dark-mornings-cold-weather-happiness-advice-scandinavia/316720

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I have had a look through various Bupa/Mind type health websites for advice and guidance.

Sounds like you’re observing their advice although a mood diary can be helpful too.

This article seems interesting as well:

https://www.stylist.co.uk/long-reads/seasonal-affective-disorder-sad-winter-blues-dark-mornings-cold-weather-happiness-advice-scandinavia/316720

I'll have a look, appreciate that GF!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

are you a suntan lotion salesman?

• Haha 1

It's great! The outside temperature's just about perfect for me, plus December is party season, with Christmas on top of four family birthdays in the month.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson