Continuing on from all things French heading towards the 2025 RLWC to be held in France which areas should/could be targeted for expansion at domestic level by the FFRXIII leading upto the tournament or after the tournament as part of its legacy?

Personally I’d love to see the re-introduction of teams in cities like Bordeaux, marseille, Lyon and Montpelier into elite1 and development of the game in places like Nice, Aix-en-provence and even Corsica.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tosh said:

???

I had the same response Tosh, I had an image to post that was relevant to what I wanted to say and even when I made is so small it would barely be seen I got a message that seemed to imply I'd tried to post a real life size elephant and there was no capacity for such dimensions,

or

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 0.732kB, and was skipped

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I had the same response Tosh, I had an image to post that was relevant to what I wanted to say and even when I made is so small it would barely be seen I got a message that seemed to imply I'd tried to post a real life size elephant and there was no capacity for such dimensions,

or

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 0.732kB, and was skipped

I’m intrigued to know what it was?

8 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I’m intrigued to know what it was?

It was the symbol for Corsican Independence but I was trying to say what a billiant kit in the making that would provide and an excellent marketing tool. The French might not be happy though!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Tosh said:

Continuing on from all things French heading towards the 2025 RLWC to be held in France which areas should/could be targeted for expansion at domestic level by the FFRXIII leading upto the tournament or after the tournament as part of its legacy?

Personally I’d love to see the re-introduction of teams in cities like Bordeaux, marseille, Lyon and Montpelier into elite1 and development of the game in places like Nice, Aix-en-provence and even Corsica.

Anywhere where there are enough people willing to do it, without them it’s just daydreaming. 

5 hours ago, Tosh said:

It's been announced by the French that they are organising a pro league either just before 2025 WC or after. Some of those cities you mentioned are in contention to have teams in the league. This had been discussed in another thread

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

It's been announced by the French that they are organising a pro league either just before 2025 WC or after. Some of those cities you mentioned are in contention to have teams in the league. This had been discussed in another thread

Have you got a link to that announcement please? I missed that, just googled it and can’t find anything - thanks. 

• Like 2

Target the existing clubs as we're in a mess, this season there's 13 u17s teams in the whole of France (a few 9 a side teams but not many) and around 15 teams in u15s (again a few 9s teams)

Not very good for the future of French RL! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Have you got a link to that announcement please? I missed that, just googled it and can’t find anything - thanks. 

It wasn't a formal announcement but the France coach Frayssinous has confirmed that the Federation is working on this. Atlantisman who also works at the Federation provided some details on another thread a few weeks ago

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

They'd be better off consolidating what they have already and making that grow. There simply isn't enough money in the French game to create full time teams.

As for engaging the big cities it has been tried before (sort of). At one time or another Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux and Toulouse have all had an RL team(s) but they never seem to last very long.

40 minutes ago, hw88 said:

They'd be better off consolidating what they have already and making that grow. There simply isn't enough money in the French game to create full time teams.

As for engaging the big cities it has been tried before (sort of). At one time or another Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux and Toulouse have all had an RL team(s) but they never seem to last very long.

Point taken, though to be pedantic Lyon have been going since the 1930s and it’s not fair to say Toulouse haven’t lasted long. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hw88 said:

I totally understand that sentiment but how much actual growth potential is there in villages and towns that already play RL in France?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, barnyia said:

Target the existing clubs as we're in a mess, this season there's 13 u17s teams in the whole of France (a few 9 a side teams but not many) and around 15 teams in u15s (again a few 9s teams)

Not very good for the future of French RL! 

Only 15 u15s teams in the whole country? 🤨 

1 hour ago, dealwithit said:

Only 15 u15s teams in the whole country? 🤨 

Yes less for u17s and there's around 15 u19s teams playing 13 a side. 10 in elite and a small number playing federal which is equal numbers (if they've 11 players both teams play with 11)

My two sons play u15s and u17s at Lézignan, 

Which also shows the quality we have here when they can beat the English lions teams at u17s and u19s. 

Edited by barnyia

The federation reported that 53 teams had signed up for the Occitanie region league cup, which sounds impressive, then when you read further down this included, u13s u15s u17s u19s, the womens and girls teams, wheelchair, and even loisirs (touch)