Challenge Cup 2023 First and Second round Draw

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

What other sport would have a club named after a laundry dryer?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hills_Hoist 

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

First round draw
Fryston Warriors v Thornhill Trojans
Featherstone Lions v Great Britain Police

Second round draw

Brentwood Eels/Bedford Tigers v Wash Brow Hornets

Maybe they’ll gat to play WASH Brow 👍

• Haha 1

I shall be attending the Hammersmith or London Chargers first round tie but what a game Wigan St Pats v Ince Rose Bridge will be.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

What other sport would have a club named after a laundry dryer?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hills_Hoist 

If you want strange names you should checkout some of the African football teams. My personal favourite was the now defunct Dangerous Darkies from South Africa.

Also many Dutch teams have initials in them which often have strange meanings. For instance NAC Breda. N = never give up, A = pleasant for entertainment and relaxation, C = combination!

Edited by hw88

22 minutes ago, hw88 said:

If you want strange names you should checkout some of the African football teams. My personal favourite was the now defunct Dangerous Darkies from South Africa.

Also many Dutch teams have initials in them which often have strange meanings. For instance NAC Breda. N = never give up, A = pleasant for entertainment and relaxation, C = combination!

Guyra Super Spuds, Young Cherrypickers, Scone Thoroughbreads and the Old Bar Beach Pirates are some great named RL teams. 

16 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Guyra Super Spuds, Young Cherrypickers, Scone Thoroughbreads and the Old Bar Beach Pirates are some great named RL teams. 

See also: Mad Squirrels Vrchlabí, Puke Turtles, Minj Brothers*, I'Magnifici Firenze.

*sadly, now renamed to just "Brothers". But the club's still based in Minj.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just for Information

Where do the following play and when will will know the date and time of kick off for the following:

London Chargers - Chiswick RFC ?

Hammersmith Hills Hoists - Wasps RFC Twyford Avenue ?

Brentwood Eels - ?

Two of these clubs have twitter feeds that ceased in 2019. I did think we would have a double header at New River if London Skolars were at home, which happened a few years ago, but Skolars will make their exit away at Rochdale in the second round.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

10 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Just for Information

Where do the following play and when will will know the date and time of kick off for the following:

London Chargers - Chiswick RFC ?

Hammersmith Hills Hoists - Wasps RFC Twyford Avenue ?

Brentwood Eels - ?

Two of these clubs have twitter feeds that ceased in 2019. I did think we would have a double header at New River if London Skolars were at home, which happened a few years ago, but Skolars will make their exit away at Rochdale in the second round.

Brentwood Eels play at the Old Brentwoods club. Main pitch is good quality with banking round it, but I guess there will be the problem of fitting in with the union season. The club is a couple of miles out of town and difficult to do by public transport (no 21 bus to Ongar from the station. Get out at the end of the straight mile and then 10 minute walk along Ashwells Road. Not sure if buses are once every hour or once every two hours on a Saturday. Certainly non existent on a Sunday).

On 14/01/2023 at 08:23, Jeff Stein said:

Brentwood Eels play at the Old Brentwoods club. Main pitch is good quality with banking round it, but I guess there will be the problem of fitting in with the union season. The club is a couple of miles out of town and difficult to do by public transport (no 21 bus to Ongar from the station. Get out at the end of the straight mile and then 10 minute walk along Ashwells Road. Not sure if buses are once every hour or once every two hours on a Saturday. Certainly non existent on a Sunday).

Thanks

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 14/01/2023 at 14:40, Jughead said:

Siddal v West Hull is a better game, for me. 

I am hoping to find my way to this one.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.