KPP & Pryce to NRL - Confirmed

17 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

If SL clubs can replace any players that go to the NRL with young British players and have less reliance on signing fringe players from the NRL then it could help strengthen the national team

That is the most positive way to look at it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

It is the most positive outcome but unfortunately I don't think that approach will happen 

Indeed, although it did also occur to me that KPP was the young British player to replace the NRL bound Gildart a year or so ago.

Also, I think you can only remove/not replace so much quality from Super League before it starts to really diminish it as an environment for producing Rugby League players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed, although it did also occur to me that KPP was the young British player to replace the NRL bound Gildart a year or so ago.

Also, I think you can only remove/not replace so much quality from Super League before it starts to really diminish it as an environment for producing Rugby League players.

Wigan are one of the clubs that do bring a lot of young players through. Hopefully all SL clubs will start doing this more in the future.

Your second paragraph brings up the issue of finding investment and the will to get more juniors playing the game at community level 

On 05/12/2022 at 15:25, sweaty craiq said:

An international calendar is vital, and that does not include France for the foreseeable. A 3 test series v Australia, then v NZ and then either Samoa/Tonga would fill the gaps between WC’s nicely 

In other news

Donald Trump today admitted he lost the 2020 US election

Neil Armstong admitted yes the Moon is made of blue cheese

wile e coyote finally caught the road runner and had his best lunch in years

Rishi Sunak announced as part of the northern powerhouse, Leigh would get a train station in 2023

• Like 1

Got told Leeds boss GH asked for a meeting with Dom and dad whilst he was over. GH put in British terms a good offer forward. I got told the amount but not sure about said payments. They thanked him smiled and left. Apparently Aussie deal is going to dwarf it. Got told amount offered was £350-000.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, crashmon said:

In other news

Donald Trump today admitted he lost the 2020 US election

Neil Armstong admitted yes the Moon is made of blue cheese

wile e coyote finally caught the road runner and had his best lunch in years

Rishi Sunak announced as part of the northern powerhouse, Leigh would get a train station in 2023

Good to see you have mastered the selective quote technique used by most juveniles to support their point. When’s shrove Tuesday ?

I'm tired of seeing posts saying Aus / NZ will come here for 3 test tours, when its not going to happen at least until after 2025, and then only if England are good enough to warrant Aus and NZ coming

Edited by crashmon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Got told Leeds boss GH asked for a meeting with Dom and dad whilst he was over. GH put in British terms a good offer forward. I got told the amount but not sure about said payments. They thanked him smiled and left. Apparently Aussie deal is going to dwarf it. Got told amount offered was £350-000.

Not a chance a SL club can offer a winger £350k! Nobody in Leeds spine will even be on that at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Just play him as much as possible , hopefully he doesn´t get himself banned and then if Giants are out of contention , drop him for who you are running with year after. I also share the dim view that it will help England. Pretty worthless if they aren´t going to be playing anyone and NRL having best English players means no reason to care about playing England when they see them, anyway. 

That’s easier said than done when they have Jake Connor, Tui Lolohea, Theo Fages, Olly Russell and Will Pryce to fit into the 1, 6 and 7 jerseys and keep all happy. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was something in the Pryce to Wigan for a year rumour. 

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Just play him as much as possible , hopefully he doesn´t get himself banned and then if Giants are out of contention , drop him for who you are running with year after. I also share the dim view that it will help England. Pretty worthless if they aren´t going to be playing anyone and NRL having best English players means no reason to care about playing England when they see them, anyway. 

Just like the football world cup.

Given all the players see each other domestically or in Europe regularly, none of the games have had any passion have they?

9 hours ago, crashmon said:

I'm tired of seeing posts saying Aus / NZ will come here for 3 test tours, when its not going to happen at least until after 2025, and then only if England are good enough to warrant Aus and NZ coming

Offer NZ £2m to tour and they will come, offer Australia £4m and they will come.

20 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not a chance a SL club can offer a winger £350k! Nobody in Leeds spine will even be on that at the moment. 

Agree with you tbh. Probably all blown out of proportion. That figure was mentioned to me but there was no stipulation of over 1yr, 2yr etc. The conversation may never have actually taken place although I would not be surprised if GH didn’t at least seek out an opportunity to speak with players whilst they were over. 

Please no one start saying things like that don’t happen 🥱

• Like 1

For me the most interesting bit of this is which position they will end up playing, as both seem to be able to play several. I expect the next 12 months will see them develop into one, I hope they dont go down the "utility player" route.

On 05/12/2022 at 15:25, sweaty craiq said:

Facts are we don’t generate the income to compete or offer central contracts.

So it’s in our hands to grow the income  or deal with the reality of not doing so

An international calendar is vital, and that does not include France for the foreseeable. A 3 test series v Australia, then v NZ and then either Samoa/Tonga would fill the gaps between WC’s nicely 

Exactly.

I agree also that with the right commercial package, Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands would actually come. 

18 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Offer NZ £2m to tour and they will come, offer Australia £4m and they will come.

Yea they probably would at that..

Just so we are aligned I would love to see a Aus tour next year, I just cannot see it happening without some huge shift from the RFL, and the people leading the RFL could not manage their way out of a paper bag